Home Buying in Kern City>Question Details

kaynsonny, Home Buyer in Bakersfield, CA

This question is in regards to Kern City. What are the HOA rules about camper/pickup parking?

Asked by kaynsonny, Bakersfield, CA Sun Nov 13, 2011

As far as I know, the HOA does not allow RV parking at your home. However, the community has an RV parking lot available to it's residents--- at an additional fee, of course!! If you are working with a Realtor, ask them to contact the HOA management company for you. If you are not currently working with a Realtor, please feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to help you get the information you are looking for.

Have a great afternoon,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 13, 2011
Kern City has it on RV lot on Ashe Rd very near Kern City, I am not sure what they charge now but at one time it was a very small fee like $125 per year and if you had an RV it must be parked there or other arrangements made. As far as camper/pickup as long as it’s attached and no one living in it you should be able to park it like any other vehicle. But I could be wrong on that. Contact the Kern City HOA for specifics.

Real Estate Professionals of Bakersfield
HOA's are not the gentilest and kindest businesses in the world;
You may have a lot more concerns than just the RV parking:
I would suggest that you go there, walk around and meet some of your new neighbors;
Ask them about living there and the HOA in particular.
The HOA Board is probably made up of residents and you may run into one of them.
It would be best to get a copy of the CCR's, but you can find out a lot before you commit.

Good luck and may God bless