Chandra  L.…, Renter in Browns Mills, NJ

This is going to be my first time buying a house and I wanted to know what my credit score has to be.

Asked by Chandra L. Stephens, Browns Mills, NJ Tue Apr 9, 2013

Answers

2
Ronald Sheedy’s answer
In today's economy the banks are requiring higher credit scores than in the past, however credit score is not the only factor. They also look at monthly income and current monthly debt as well as other things. If you want to get an idea of what your credit score is go to (http://www.freecreditscore.com) to see what your score currently is. I also recommend you contact a mortgage company if you are planning to purchase a home. They will let you know if you qualify for a mortgage and for how much you qualify for. If not they will let you know what you need to do to qualify. If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me at (732) 239-7452.
It depends on which bank you choose to apply with, but minimum is typically 600-620. That is not the only qualification in getting a loan though. They look at your employment, current monthly debt load, as well as other things. The best thing to do is start the process with a mortgage company and they will tell you if you qualify now or if there are things you need to do to get there. I have a great contact, I'd be happy to share with you. Feel free to email me directly at nicky.faucett@prufoxroach.com.