Home Buying in Florissant>Question Details

Preddy, Renter in Florissant, MO

This home is being listed on craigslist for rent for $600 per month with all utilities included. Is that a scam?

Asked by Preddy, Florissant, MO Wed Jun 13, 2012

Answers

3
Trust your gut.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
If I had an address to the property I could better answer your question. What often determines rent value is location, number of bedrooms, is there a basement, does it have a garage. I own several rental in the North County area and I receive a range of different rent prices based on amenities each property has to offer.
When you read about a rental that sounds too good to be truue - it's a scam for sure! Craigslist is infamous for scam listings.

One of my rental listings, listed at $1700, was posted on Craigslist for $400!
The supposed "owner" asked to have money wired via Western Union - gave a hard luck story about being disabled and out of state.............so...............verify you are actually dealing with the real owner.........and if it sounds too good to be true......it isn't true!

By the way, these scammers will use actual photos they cut and paste from real listings, so be very wary!!

Best wishes.........