Home Buying in Branson>Question Details

kimueller1, Home Buyer in Branson, MO

Thinking of relocating to Branson. What are employment opportunites for skilled construction/remodeling contractor?

Asked by kimueller1, Branson, MO Sun Feb 3, 2013

Answers

2
Branson is no different than the rest of the country. Many former contractors are now working for an hourly wage. A skilled remodeling contractor can still find work and a builder with financial support can still do well building affordable spec housing (houses under $150,000). Demand for new inventory is rising as existing eventory is limited to stripped foreclosures and homes needing a lot of repair. Skilled workers that are fair in their dealings are always a sought after commodity so come on and make the move but you will need some staying power.
Thankyou for your reply to my wifes question, but in truth Im more a remodeling contractor/ skilled multi tradesman with referances going back almost 30 yrs and am looking for a position with someone until we get established. We currently reside in lake ozark and hope to relocate this spring its dead here and our last kid grads in may as much as i am looking for a position,[ mort. co. love w-2 rather than self-employed as you know im sure,] im intrested in who i should stay away from as much as who to look too. I have a few questions on listing # 349626 if you have time and are intrested we have no arraingments with a realtor that im aware of please give me a call my home ph is 573-964-6119 thanks jim
Flag Mon Feb 4, 2013
Housing starts are up in the Branson area, but it is still slow. I feel that this spring and summer will see much more building in the area.