Home Buying in San Ramon>Question Details

RRP, Home Buyer in Union City, CA

Thinking of purchasing a house in san ramon area. Bridges vs.Windmere,which area has a better appreciation potential?

Asked by RRP, Union City, CA Wed Apr 24, 2013

Answers

5
Entire San Ramon by far is safe and a very residential community. Appreciation perspective, there are various factors to be considered.

Sometimes the home is really good, however, there is no comparable in the nearby community, hence the price never go up that much. And that is one of the issues in some of the San Ramon neighborhood. Let me go little off track here and give you some information, which may be of some interest to you:

First thing first, you need to aware of the fact that San Ramon has various property taxes based on where you buy your home. This important to know before you buy your home as I have seen that people move to certain area and at the end of the year when they receive huge tax, they come to know the reality. So here is the tax rate:
San Ramon has five different Tax Rates:
Old San Ramon (near Deerwood side) is typical approximate 1.25%.
San Ramon area near Alcosta/Old Ranch Rd has the lowest tax rate in the its vicinity i.e 1.08%

Gale Ranch Area has 1.4% tax rate + HOA and the Windemere area has between 1.4%-1.8%, however, the one below 1.8% tax rate properties have HOA (Home Owner's Association Fee), a monthly fee,which comes out to be almost the same as 1.8% as an average. The higher tax rate is due to Mello Roos Tax (A bond raised by local government to develop the infrastructure).

NOTE: The data I am providing may change since there are other taxes imposed and some supplimental tax is received by a home owner which may change the rate, hence this data is for information purpose only for you to have an idea about San Ramon. Please do your research thoroughly before making your own decision and don't take this data in full consideration.

From school perspective, Recently Doughrty Valley High School has been rated top 100 schools in the US surpassed Monta Vista of Cupertino. That tells how good the schools are. Most of the schools (Elementary, Junior, High) are 10/10 rated.

Conveniency perspective: It depends. If you work at home, it is the most convenient neighborhood specially Windemere area since it is purely residential. There is no industrial impact.

If you work in San Francisco, it is very convenient as you can take BART and reach from Dublin to San Francisco downtown in 45 minutes.

The only issue I see for the people who work in South Bay or Pacific side. It takes good 50-60 (sometime more) minutes to reach to their destination. However, if you change your timings (office hours) then you may reduce the time by 10-15 minutes. If you have priviledge to work from home for couple of days then it is fine.

There are companies, recently started shuttle services to South Bay and to Pacific and North Bay like Genentech etc...

Crime: As far as crime is concerned, it depends what kind of crime you are talking about... Crime is everywhere.... irrespective of the fact you live in high-end Palo Alto, Atherton, Los Altos etc or anywhere for that sake. In general, San Ramon area has extremely low crime rate.

Price of home: From Pricing perspective, It depends what kind of home you are looking for and what is the sqft. The per sqft price of the home depends on various factors i.e. size of the home, location of the home, structure, upgrade, and type of home (Condo, Town, Single Family) and sometimes HOA, type of community (Gated), any litigation, and the Tax.

Condo starts from 300+, Townhome starts from 300+, and Single Family homes start from 500K+ (Again, it depends. It may go low or higher).

Call me if you need any further information, I will be happy to share my 2 cents...

Truthfully, I generally don't find time to write. Today I am in Columbus, OH for a seminar. I was relaxing and saw your question, hence responding.

Roger
Home & More, Inc
roger@hnmrealy.com
925-980-4113
I am looking at buying a home for 750k. I can put down 20-30%. My credit is about 660 with a foreclosure a year and a half ago. Will I be able to finance the remainder of the loan?
You need 2yrs min I can only think of private funds. Then do a rate and term refi in 1 yr maybe.
Flag Tue May 7, 2013
Flag Tue May 7, 2013
You can't really go wrong with any area of San Ramon, but the answer may depend somewhat on what you are looking for, when you need it and what is available at that time. If you're looking for a single-family home right now, inventory is sufficiently low to keep us in a Seller's Market with prices moving upward as our proof. There are just 6 single family homes for sale in all of Windemere, and only 6 homes for sale in Gale Ranch. If you'd like more information, I'd be happy to help.

Rachel Knight
J. Rockcliff Realtors
(925) 323-6311
Rachel@RachelKnight.net
CA DRE Lic. #01243344
My extraordinary real estate service, being a local appraiser and a local real estate agent, can help you with this and other questions you may have.
If you do not have an agent yet, feel free to contact me. Visit my website and send me a message!
Venancio"Ben" Azcueta
http://www.azcuetarealestate.com
Very difficult to choose between these two desirable areas. Homes tend to be a little more affordable in Windemere but property taxes are higher. Then there are HOA dues in The Bridges, very reasonable though. I would say that Bridges homes, in general, are somewhat more upscale than Windemere.

Bernard Gibbons

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bernard Gibbons, J. Rockcliff Realtors
DRE License # 01331583
Phone (925) 997-1585 - bernard@bernardgibbons.com