Raj, Home Buyer in Virginia

Thinking of investing in Condo/Townhome in Arcola center (Hwy. 50 & Loudoun County Rd, Arcola, VA). Built by Ryan Homes.

Asked by Raj, Virginia Fri Jan 4, 2013

Matisse model, the larger condo is about 340K with most of the upgrades and corner unit.There is a lot of growth expected in this area within next 2-6 years. This is my first real estate investment - please share your thoughts.

Answers

5
Hi Raj,
It has been few months since you posed this question. I am hoping you have bought your first investment property or closer to deciding on one. I am curious to know what are your findings, which is the one you decided to go with and the reason behind it. I am in the same boat as yours. So wondering. Thanks!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 17, 2014
Raj - South Riding, Aldie and the Route 50 corridor is expanding all the way upto Winchester. Live in SR and am a realtor and can help you find the perfect house. Please let me know.

I offer a percent towards closing costs.

Andy Padmanaban
RealtyZone
703-980-5265
andy.realtyzone@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 23, 2013
A lot of it depends on your specific objectives but the area is definitely one that is in rapid development and could experience respectable appreciation in the next 3, 5 or 10 years. Ryan is certainly a respectable builder that produces a nice product.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 17, 2013
Could someone answer this without the usual realtor self promotion. How is the renting potential for townhomes in Arcola center next year. The commercial development won't start till next summer.
Raj,

As an investor you want to attain the lowest possible cost basis, hedge yourself against risk and be prepared to hold for 5/8/10 years. New construction can be tricky if you're inexperienced negotiating the process with a builder. Remember the builder's rep represents the "seller", in this case Ryan Homes.

Feel free to reach out to me by phone or email for guidance on how to approach new construction as an investment with Ryan Homes.

Kind regards,
Lisa

Lisa Moroniak | REALTOR® | Service360°
SFR® - Short Sale & Foreclosure Certified
Phone: 703-635-0388
http://www.LisaMoroniak.com
Licensed in VA