Home Buying in Woodward Park>Question Details

Sophia, Home Buyer in Seal Beach, CA

Thinking about purchasing a town home in the Woodward Park area. 20 years old. How do you determine a fair price - compared to similarly sized single?

Asked by Sophia, Seal Beach, CA Sat Jun 19, 2010

family homes, or new construction?

Answers

5
TJ Mcbrearty’s answer
Sophia,

First answer is get an agent to help you evaluate your potential purchase. It is not that difficult and every agent should give this information free. Find an agent that fits you and make contact, my contact information is on my website.

http://www.tjmcbhomes.com
Ask your agent to run a CMA report and complete a BPO for you. That will give you today's market value.
Sophia,
In order to come up with a fair selling price you are going to look at everything that has sold in the last couple of months. You will want to pay special attention to those proeprties that most closely match your subject property. Ideally these will be built in similar styles, square footage, year, amnenities, location, etc.
Ideally you would want three comparable sold properties and three comparable active listings to compare against your subject property. It sounds like you may be having difficulty coming up with comparable town homes in the Woodpark area.
If that's the case you will want to look back a few more months until you do find the most comparable sold, there should be one at some point. Then decide what the pricing trend in that area was, did property values rise or decline.
Compare SFR and new construction as a last resort.
If you're not working with a Realtor find one that you trust and ask them to help you find some solid comparables.
We specialize in this area and have many clients who we have represented in this area regarding purchases. Our office is located within a 1/2 mile of this area as well. Let me know if you we can assist you. 559-288-6382.

Lynette Baker
Commmunity Relocation Representative, Buyer's Agent
California Relocation Network
GRE
559-288-6382
You would need to find what the same or close to properties have sold for. That is wgat us Realtors are for.
Just give me a call I can help you 559-270-8078 melaniegarabedian@att.net