Home Buying in Utah>Question Details

Lyndaq, Home Buyer in Lehi, UT

Thinking about buying my first house. Need help.

Asked by Lyndaq, Lehi, UT Sun Jan 24, 2010

Thinking about buying my first house. I am a divorced woman in my mid 50's, my credit report score is about 725. I work full time for a major credit card company and have no real debit. Can anyone point me in the right direction for buying a house. I.E. what steps I should take.

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Utah

Answers

5
I am also someone who wants to buy a house. I have done a lot of homework to allow me to do just that.
I wrote a few blogs that should help you to figure out just what step you should take.
I covered getting a down payment, having a year or more before buying a house, wanting to buy and not knowing where to start.

I used plain simple language and asked a realtor to look them over. They were approved.
If you are interested you will find my blogs below. I hope they help.
http://www.trulia.com/voices/profile/Home_Buyer-04401-657306/blog/
Lyndaq,

Finding your first home can be a challenge, but also a lot of fun. Take the time to speak with two or three lenders first and find the right loan program and terms that you can feel good with. Then when you have that out of the way the next thing is to find an agent that you feel comfortable with and who knows the area where you want to live. Interview two or three so that you find the best fit for you.

Good luck with your home search and if I can be of further assistance, let me know.

Andrew Stone
Web Reference: http://Www.slcurban.com
Its great that you already checked out your credit score, that's one of the first steps to take. Next talk to a loan officer or your bank/or credit union about available financing and pre qualifying and programs for first time home buyers. Different institutions vary so you may want to shop around I'll be happy to e-mail you some names of loan officers that specialize in first time home buyer programs that's I've worked with over the years. You may also work with an experienced real estate agent you feel comfortable with. Your agent will be a good resource for answering questions along with finding homes and helping you through the entire process Congratulations Lyndaq, I'm excited for you, let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Hi Linda,

How exciting. Buying your first home can be a little scary, but not to worry.
I specialize in working with First Time Home Buyers.
You will get honest and friendly service from an agent with the experience and knowledge to make this whole process go smoothly for you.

Buying your first home should also be fun. I do the hard work for you so you can concentrate on picking out the perfect house.

You may want to download a book called A Step By Step Guide to Buying Your First Home.
You can get it at this link http://www.homesolutionsinutah.com/FREE-Buyer-Book.html

It's free and there is no obligation.

We help you get qualified with a lender, take care of the offer process, the home inspections, appraisal and closing process.

We sell homes anywhere from Provo up through Ogden. Hope we can be of service.

Give me a call if you have any questions.
Linda Bills
801-347-3384
Hi Lyndaq,
First make yourself a bit more knowledgeable about the buying process in UT.
Then find out how much house you can afford and if it is a sound financial decision based on your own circumstances.
Then contact a local agent who specialize with FTHB (first time home buyers)