Court, Home Buyer in Smith, KY

Thinking about buying in Beach Haven West?

Asked by Court, Smith, KY Wed May 7, 2008

I was thinking about purchasing a house in Beach Haven West, on the lagoon, which is what I'm looking for since I have a boat. Do you think now is a good time to buy in the area? Thanks.

Good luck in your search...Good time to buy or no, it is exciting and I hope you enjoy yourself!
Purchasing a home in Beach Haven West at this time would be a good decision. Home prices are at their lowest in quite sometime. Add the fact that interest rates are low with a great many loans plans available for the consumer. If you are a first time home buyer you may qua;ify for a $8,000 tax CREDIT from the US
government. There may also be a $5,000 loan from the state of New Jersey to help wiith settlement / downpayment. If you have any further question you can reach me @ 609-618-9595 or email me @ pkorejko@weichert.com

Thank You

Paul V Korejko Sr
Yes, yes & yes! Great inventory to select from, low interest rates & seller's that are very realistic about the market. There are many lagoon front homes in Beach Haven West as well as surrounding areas. Boat size could determine which area would be best for you.

Hope to add you to our community!
Hello Court:

I realize that your question dates back to May 7th, however, if you haven't purchased a home in Beach Haven West yet...it's a GREAT time to buy.

Homes that are on the market right now are the sellers that have reduced their pricing and are serious.

And interest rates are still very good...

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance...

Toula Rosebrock
Broker/Sales Associate
cell 609-290-7725
(Diane Turton, Realtors)
Homes right now are starting at $265,500 in Beach Haven West.

Below is stats of closings in Beach Haven West since 9/1/08. Be sure to take notice the list price and the sold price.

Charlene Grant, Realtor Assoc.
Century 21 Pacesetter, 325 E. Route 72, Manahawkin,NJ 08050
Cell Direct: 609-312-6625

Waterfront Properties SOLD since 9/1/2008

925 JANE Stafford Twp LISTED: $299,000 SOLD: $274,000
104 FLORENCE Stafford Tow LISTED: $299,900 SOLD $260,000
36 ALBERT Stafford Twp LISTED: $309,900 SOLD: $272,500
125 Patty Lane Stafford Twp LISTED: $309,999 SOLD: $295,000
15 MARIN Stafford Twp LISTED: $315,000 SOLD: $275,000
7 PATRICK Stafford Twp LISTED: $324,900 SOLD: $321,000
144 PATTY LANE Stafford Twp LISTED: $329,900 SOLD: $320,000
1215 WALTER Stafford Twp LISTED: $339,000 SOLD: $296,000
32 LYNN ANN Stafford Twp LISTED: $344,750 SOLD: $328,62
181 Bruce Dr Stafford Twp COVES LISTED: $389,000 SOLD: $385,000
1413 E MALLARD DRIVE Stafford Twp MALLARD ISLAND LISTED:$399,900 SOLD: $390,000
1355 PAUL Stafford Twp LISTED: $429,900 SOLD:$383,600
105 EILEEN Stafford Twp COVES LISTED: $438,000 SOLD: $419,000
51 DOROTHY Stafford Twp lISTED:$440,000 SOLD: $365,000
19 RUTH Stafford Twp LISTED: $459,000 SOLD:$430,000
R 3025706 C 1631 MILL CREEK Stafford Twp LISTED: $459,998 SOLD: $430,000
76 JENNIE Stafford Twp LISTED: $499,000 SOLD: $442,500
188 CATHERINE Stafford Twp COVES LISTED: $599,000 SOLD: $525,000
124 PETER Stafford Twp COVES LISTED: $609,800 SOLD:$510,000
R 3027247 C 2060 Mill Creek Road Stafford Twp EAST POINT LISTED: $629,000 SOLD: $600,000
198 EILEEN LANE Stafford Twp COVES LISTED: $836,000 SOLD: $750,000

*these stats are from the Jersey Shore MLS

visit online for Homes In Beach Haven West NJ http://www.BeachHavenWestHomes.com

Displaying matches 1 through 21 of 21
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 26, 2008
I agree with the previous responses.....NOW is the time. The buyers have most of the sellers down to their lowest prices and the inventory is prime for the picking in BHW and the surrounding neighborhoods in the Manahawkin/LBI area. Just be prepared to put at least 20% down and mortgage no more that 80% to avoid the possibility of getting turned down by "overly careful" mortgage companies.
Rich Visotcky, Esq.
This is the time of the year inventory comes on the market in Beach Haven. Sellers are unsure about the market, and those who are serious are pricing aggressively. Some proeprties are good deals....others are only on the market to sell at the 'sellers" price.

You can negotiate a good deal, but not all properties are good deals.
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in ,
Now is exactly the best time to buy, rates are low and prices have come down. In a quick search I was able to find 50 properties with the low being the upper $200,000's and the high in the mid $900,000's. The bulk of which are asking from the low $300,000's to the high $300,00's. With these kind of options you should be able to find something that you like for a fair price. All of the other responses were great and I hope this one has helped you as well. If you would like any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me. Good luck and best wishes.

Realtor Associate,
Sean L. Daly
Crossroads Realty

Kimberly and Jeanne are right, it is the best time to buy in BHW. I have been here for 20 years and know that market well, especially as a buyers rep. I have seen homes come down in price considerably, especially the higher end homes, but the mid to low priced homes are priced to sell as well. You can now buy homes in any range from the low 300's to 800k. Those same homes were selling from the 5's to 1+ mil range a few years back, and will again when the market shifts back.
The market is great for several reasons: A. people bought to have a summer home for the family to go to but now the family has moved on to school, gone elsewhwere etc., B.People bought but are now caught in financial situations and need/want to sell, C. Homes bought a while ago, they are no longer to upkeep and keep an eye on due to various reasons, and D. they have just moved on to a new area or upgraded (or downgraded.). The first reason is the most common I have found and that works to your advantage because if there is distress, almost any REASONABLE LOW offer is being accepted. I know this for a fact, and have helped many buy and sell quickly.
Now is the time, but if you wish to try and see if the market will go down further, you can, because it may. The only problem with this that the better homes, in the best locations for boating, and best priced homes will go, no doubt about it because it is now the season, and people are buying, again, I know this for a fact.
If I can be of any further assistance, Call or Email.

Good Luck,

John Jelinski
Crossroads Realty
Hi Court, the combination of lower home prices and low mortgage rates is an unusual combination. Pretty soon, the homebuyers will wake up to this and things will begin moving - and prices will rise. In short, now is a great time to buy.

Work with an experienced full time agent. You will pay nothing for the service they provide (seller pays brokerage fees to both agents) but will benefit greatly. As an agent, I wrap myself around the market statistics to understand the current market conditions and advise my buyers on pricing and negotiating market driven offers. You can visit my website (link below) to learn more about the way I work. If you think my skills would add value to your effort, I could partner with a local agent and bring my expertise to the table.

Incidentally, I own a home on LBI - North Beach - bay side. We've had it for 17 years. Not a day goes by that we don't thank heavens that we made that purchase...similarly slow time in the market. We've got a little whaler, so maybe we'll see you on the bay!

Good luck to you!

Jeannie Feenick
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
Good morning Court,

NOW is Absolutely an excellent time to purchase a home! The variety of homes currently available in a number of price range give todays buyer options and time to make educated decision that best fits your needs and price range. Location, style, size, condition and distance to bay. Mortgage rates are great too today, you can purchase a lot more home for less monthly payments.. Good luck , If you need any further assistance I would be happy assist you and be your agent. Click on my name to the right for credentials along with contact information and my website.