raokumar2013, Home Buyer in Monroe Township, NJ

Thinking about buying a house in Monroe

Asked by raokumar2013, Monroe Township, NJ Thu Mar 7, 2013

Hello, my name is Kumar and am planning to buy a house in Monroe Township. I see that the demographics is changing every decade(wiki site) and so is the population growing. Everything is little far it seems like basic Groceries, malls etc. Also If you are planning to work like say Jersey city then what would be my option for easiest commute? Princeton junction station is atleast 25 mins drive (where there is long wait for west windsor residents by the way) So the next bet would be Hamilton which is atleast 35 mins! I see that its a newly built High school but is there a 10% chance that Middle and High school will ever become atleast like South Brunswick (ideal would be west windsor) in a decade? What are the township plans for commercially opening something like a town center complex that has few shops,restaurants etc. My main concern are the schools though as it would hurt my wallet if i have to ever sell a house.
Any insight is highly appreciated!

Answers

6
Nayna Bawa’s answer
Hi Kumar.

You have posed a very detailed and involved situation regarding your desire to purchase in Monroe township.

As an agent with New Jersey Realty, we are the only realty firm that has two boutique offices located in Monroe township. That being said, I am very familiar with the ins and out of the township. However, no agent will be able to project where the school system will be placed in the future in comparision to other areas. I can provide you with current detailed information about the schools.

As far as development projects, the township works very hard to preserve the aesthetics of the area. That reason is what attributes to the lack of commercialism in the area. It also helps to the keep the traffic levels at a minimum.

I would love to talk to you personally about Monroe township to see whether the town is a good fit for you.

You can reach me directly on my cell at 917-969-0093.

Nayna Bawa
New Jersey Realty, llc
917-969-0093 cell
Hi Rao,

Was just wondering If you were able to buy in monroe ?
Kumar, I lived here my whole life. I can help you. Call me anytime. I know the area pretty well.
Dear Kumar,

Following is schooling and commute information If you buy a house close to Exit 8 :

Elementary School Grades 1st thru 4th is Oak Tree Eleementary School with ratings 9 out of 10.

Elementary School Grades 5th and 6th is Applegarth.

Middle school is Monroe Middle school. This was originally a High school converted into a Middle school.
High School- Monroe has a new High School built few years ago.

Commute to NYC:

Bus to NYC:

Either take a bus from Applegarth road (small park-n-ride)- 5 minutes drive from Monroe Manor or take a bus from Rt.130- NYC Park-N-RIde in Jamesburg which is approximately 10-15 minutes drive from Monroe Manor.

Trains:

Either take Jersey Ave Train Station- 20 Minutes drive from Monroe Manor Or Princeton Junction Train Station which is about 10-15 minutes drive from Monroe Manor.

I hope this answers all your questions. Any further help, Please contact me at my Cell# 732-277-9321. Or Visit my Website at http://www.vishalmaher.com
Dear Kumar,

Monroe is a big township.If you are close to Exit 8, there are quite a few shopping malls, groceries etc on Rt.33 in Hightstown, East Windsor area etc,. For Example: There is a community called Monroe Manor close to Exit 8 in Monroe. Shopping from there is about 10-12 minutes drive. If you are still looking, please let me know and will be more than happy to assist you either in Monroe, South Brunswick, Plainsboro etc,

Vishal.
same issue, any answers anybody?