Home Buying in McCordsville>Question Details

Pete.jeffers…, Home Buyer in McCordsville, IN

They have the school district listed in the wrong county. The home is in Hancock county and is in the Mt Vernon Township School district.

Asked by Pete.jefferson65, McCordsville, IN Sun May 26, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3012965531-7262-W-500-N-McCor…

Answers

1
This property is located in Hamilton County. It is on the north side of 1000 North which is the dividing line between Hancock and Hamilton County. It has a McCordsville address still because this part of McCordsville is over the county line in Hamilton County. Several neighborhoods just north of 1000 North in Cambridge and Fox Hollow also have McCordsville mailing addresses but are located in Hamilton County and are in the HSE school district.
I'm not sure we're speaking of the same property. The one I speak of above is on 500 N in Hancock county, just over the county line of Marion County and Hancock
County on 56th st. Hamilton County doesn't fit into the answer. The kids in our neighborhood and most of the Mt Comfort area went to Mt Vernon schools. The house I wrote about is directly across the street from mine and I pointed out that the listing said it was associated with Lawrence Township schools, which was not correct.. Thanks for answering.
Flag Thu Nov 7, 2013