Home Buying in Las Vegas>Question Details

sylviamena38, Other/Just Looking in Montgomery, AL

These houses that I am looking at the front yard does not have grass, Why it that. Thank you Sylvia Mena

Asked by sylviamena38, Montgomery, AL Wed Aug 14, 2013

Answers

12
Scott Kissel’s answer
Most of the yards are small and it is easier to just have desert landscape and save water. It may also be restricted if the home has an HOA. Don't worry there are plenty of homes for sale that have front and rear grass landscape
Watering a lawn in Las Vegas is expensive. Desert landscaping fits in well with the neighborhood.

David Cooper Helping You Find Wholesale Deals Since 1994
READ MORE http://www.lasvegaswinner.org
You have seen numerous messages about the "why's" of no grass. Contact me and it would be my pleasure to show you properties throughout our valley. I have lived in this area for almost 30 years and am knowledgeable of parts of our valley. I am sure that we can find the right home for you.
Clay Isley
If I can not find a house to my likeing, do you have Townhouses or Condo's that are for sale.
Sylvia
Flag Thu Aug 22, 2013
Hello. Yes, there are many reasons why a home does not have grass in front of it. It could be a foreclosure or and REO (Bank Owned) and no one has lived in the home for a while so the water is turned off, could be that the owner is into the desert landscaping look....or it may just be that the homes you are looking at are newer homes in which case no grass is in the front of the yard due to the new laws put into effect to conserve water.
I have lived all over the USA and Europe and grass in front of the homes is quite the norm. Location allows for this picturesque and plush look. There are many amazing desert landscaping ideas that homeowners have introduced into the Las Vegas & Henderson area that are quite lovely.
If you are interested in purchasing in an area with grass or desert landscaping, I would be delighted to assist you. It is a personal preference and it is very important to have the kind of home you have been dreaming of owning.

Theresa Osburn
Sellstate Neighborhood Realty
9089 S. Pecos Road Ste. 3400
Henderson, NV 89074
702-218-6936
I have a single floor with 3 bedrooms and a 2 car garage- needs work-
I was wondering are their any condo's for sale, I will be coming in December maybe we can look at some.

Sylvia
There are lots of condos for sale! Do you have a particular area of town you are interested in yet? What price range are you looking for? How big of a place would you like to have? We can get you set up on an automatic listing service that will email you as new properties go on the market. Even though most will not be available by December, at least it will give you some great insight as to prices and areas before you get to town.

Here is a link to ALL the condos for sale in the Las Vegas Valley by price range, including foreclosures and auction properties, to get you started:

http://www.greatlasvegashomes.com/las-vegas-condos.php

If you email sold@greatlasvegashomes.com or give us a call directly at 702-985-7654 to give us more information about your needs/wants, we can hand select specific properties for you to look at so it won't be so overwhelming!
Flag Thu Aug 15, 2013
How many beds/baths do you need. Any idea what price range and what is your credit score? Help You Find Ban-Owned REO Foreclosures at Deep Discounts since 1994 CALL 1.888.616.6226

David Cooper Helping You Find Bank-Owned REO Foreclosures at Deep Discount since 1994 1-888-626
Flag Thu Aug 15, 2013
It's real simple...
1. Newer homes use more desert landscape.
2. Water is very expensive and water company gives rebates to remove grass and put desert.
3. Owners want to save money and put desert/rock.
If you want straight talk from agents who've been in Vegas since 1976, please call or write. Thanks, Kim and Matt

702.501.0973
Hi Sylvia,

You must be looking at homes in the newer neighborhoods. Regulations were enacted and put into place in 2003 prohibiting grass (turf) in front yards on new construction or even adding new grass to an existing home. Many new home builders actually started offering desert-scape only front yards as early as 2001. As per county and city turf limitation codes:

Single-Family Homes: No new turf allowed in front yards. Fifty percent of turf in side and rear yard or 100 square feet, whichever is greater, may be grass (max. 5,000 square feet).

In addition, homeowners were offered credits to convert their existing grass to desert-scape as part of a city-wide conservation effort. So a lot of older homes took advantage of the credit and swapped out their grass as well. I attached the link below for your from the Las Vegas Valley Water District site.

So if you really want grass in your front yard, you will need to look at homes built before 2003. If you would like to contact us at 702-985-7654, we can arrange to set up a listing search for you that includes ONLY homes with grass in the front yard. Or you can browse the photos on our web site at:

http://www.greatlasvegashomes.com/idx - resale homes
http://www.greatlasvegashomes.com/las-vegas-new-homes.php - new homes

Let us know if we can help you further!

Warm Regards,

Diann Tonnesen
With over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
Welcome to Las Vegas! Desert landscaping is the most common type of landscaping here, but there are some communities that have a lot of greenery- grass, trees, etc. Let me know if you would like to see some of those homes.
Best of Luck!

Mary Preheim
702-900-6279
mary@marypreheimgroup.com
Hi Sylvamena38

The reason is because the last ten years Las Vegas
All of Clark County has been doing a lot of water
Conservation and the local water district has paid
Home owners to have desert landscaping. Here
Local water district website they could answer more
Of your questions http://www.lvvwd.com

If I can be of further assistance and answer
Any of your other questions please contact me

Jimmy Balsano
Realty One Group
702-281-2225
Fax 1-866-371-8421
Email: jimbalsano@gmail.com
CERTIFIED FOORECLOSURE ALTERNATIVES CONSULTANT (CFAC)
REO-BPO CERTIFIED

I KNOW LAS VEGAS AND HAVE FOR OVER 40 YEARS
http://www.jimmybalsano.com
http://www.salestraq.com/las_vegas/newhomesearch/index.cfm?id=4780(New Homes
Due to rising water rates and water rationing, many homeowners have taken advantage of incentives offered by the water district to replace sod with water conserving landscapes. Most newer homes were standard with conserving features.
Older homes are more likely to have grass. The newer homes were not allowed to have grass in the front.