Home Buying in Yarmouth>Question Details

Hershey, Other/Just Looking in Yarmouth, ME

There was a property listed for sale and was on market for aprox. 10 days. We requested a viewing and the selling broker failed to give confirmation

Asked by Hershey, Yarmouth, ME Wed Sep 15, 2010

Told that seller had not responded yet. Then after 3 days told by selling broker that home taken off the market. No explanation was provided by selling broker. Is this a lack of a motivated seller or is there a selling tactic that is employed to determine interest. Why would this happen?

Answers

5
There are many reasons why this could have happened. The sellers could have gotten cold feet about selling their house, cold feet about the realtor they chose, or possibly had some sort of life alterting circumstance happen to them that made it impossible to sell their home. I have never heard of this being a selling tactic, and would not think that was the case given today's market.

Good luck in your home search!
There are many reasons, and those reasons may be confidential and the listing agent is not able to share it with the public. So move onto the next wonderful property ad don't dwell on what might have been. Best of luck in your search, it you are in need of help feel free to contact me!
http://laurafleischer.WebStarts.com/contact.html
There could be a number of things going on there. It should be easy enough to find out what the situation is with some basic information. If you aren't already, you might consider working with a realtor who knows the local market and community. Through research, we can provide the information and property history that can make all the difference. If you would like to talk to an experienced local realtor, I would be happy to help.

Scott Schenker
RE/MAX Heritage
765 Route One
Yarmouth, ME 04096
207-838-1284
schenker@maine.rr.com
Hello Hershey,

I live in Yarmouth and know the market very well. Tell me which property you are talking about and maybe I can tell you what happenned.

Michael Pascarella
michael@MainePropertySales.com
846-5110
It is hard to tell what the real reason behind it was, but it sounds like the seller, for whatever reason, decided that it was not a good time to sell.
Good luck finding another home that has a willing and able seller!