Home Buying in Bethel Park>Question Details

Lesley, Both Buyer and Seller in Penn Hills, PA

There seems to be more houses in the 100,000 to 120,000 dollar range in the Penn Hills area more than any others around Pittsburgh. Can you tell me?

Asked by Lesley, Penn Hills, PA Fri Nov 11, 2011

why? Is it a bad area to live in? why are so many people moving out?

Answers

2
schools don't do as well academically East of Pittsburgh. South Hills do better
Hi Lesley,

Yes, Lesley there are a lot of homes selling in Penn Hills at that price range and I feel it's an excellent place to live. Here are some reasons for the excessive amounts. If you look at the entire Penn Hills area it has a lot of homes. These homes for the most part are very similar in sqft, so the prices are going to be similar. Another reason is lets face it it's an older neighborhood demographically. And we are seeing close in age like minded individuals ready to move on.

Right now it's a very competitive market there. Homes need to be show ready (more than just clean and tidy.) Are homes selling their, yes. Will your home sell there, possibly. If you're thinking about selling your home their, I'd be happy to help show you what it's going to take, how long it will be on the market for and what you can expect to walk away with when sold. Feel free to email me direct or stop by my website. Hope this helps.