Home Buying in Cincinnati>Question Details

Heather, Home Buyer in 45251

There is a short sale house that is pending but has been for over 10 months. I am VERY interested in this property but no one will tell me about it...

Asked by Heather, 45251 Thu Oct 25, 2012

I had my "agent" look into it and she just shrugged it off so I have tried to contact the agent it is listed under and she won't answer me either! I know it is pending which means it could be gone but with it pending this long I am hoping they are waiting out the contract. So is there anything I can do myself, I mean I haven't even been able to look inside it since no one is answering me but I want it sooo bad it is the perfect location for me and my family the price is perfect. HELP someone please give me a direction or something. I can't believe I can just be ignored it doesn't seem fair to the seller

Sandi Cornett’s answer
Why don't you have your agent put an offer in for you? The bank probably has not approved the offer amount and it may end up foreclosing. You don't know what the offer was, so why not give it a shot yourself. They could very well approve your offer and you may get the house. But, then again, it may be in foreclosure already. If so, you may get an even better deal if it doesn't get sold at the sheriff's auction. Have your agent email the listing agent & ask if you can make an offer. These agents have so many phone calls they could never answer them all. I have found email to be the best bet.
GOOD LUCK!! And if you need any help, send me an email at scornett@starone.com.
Pending means that it is under contract and being considered by the potential buyer & the 3rd party seller. For now, just keep an eye on the listing. If it goes back to active, that's when you will want your agent to arrange to see it. You can have your agent put an offer in for you, so the seller and 3rd party lender and the Seller's agent will know of your interest.
Unfortunately that is the way short sales work. Once they have an offer they do not let anybody else in to see it and no offers can come in. Short sales take so long. Banks are the reason the time is long. So no agent in their right mind would want to start over after 10 month to let you put in an offer. The seller/owner of the home doesn' want to wait another ten months. You have to move on Heather. Your only hope is that the deal falls apart because the first buyer is not willing to wait
what is the address?

Stephen Shields, SRS
Sibcy Cline Realtors, Eastgate Office
792 Eastgate South Dr, #800 Cincinnati , OH 45245

Cell: (513) 236-3881 E-Fax: 513-985-3545 Office: 513-752-4000
E-mail: sshields@sibcycline.com
I have a listing that is almost as bad. The original listing agent gave up on it and gave it me. I was able to get the lien holder to agree to a contract 12,000.00 less than what was previously rejected (same buyer). Then we discovered a second. I was able to get the first and second agree and the property will be closing on Oct 30. Original pending date was in Feb. Went pending with me in May and closing in Oct.

I've done a number of short sales & I've sold other agents short sales. It sounds to me like there is an offer on it & the agent put the property in a "pending" status. When a short sale is in "pending" status it then needs to wait for lender approval of short sale. If it has been pending that long, they probably haven't been able to obtain short sale approval or the "seller" is not being cooperative with the bank. The likelihood is that it will probably go through foreclosure & never sell via the short sale. I would be happy to look into it a little further for you, please don't hesitate to contact me. I would also be happy to assist you in your search, if this turns out not to be an option. Please feel free to call or email me with any further questions, concerns or my assistance in this matter.

Chris Gerke
OwnerLand Realty
513-673-7074 Direct
513-322-7124 Fax
Hi Heather. I would be more than happy to look in to this for you. I can be reached at 513-509-3259.