Greenthumbsu…,  in East Palo Alto, CA

There is a property listed on mls on university avenue that I was interested in visiting. My agent looked up the agent in question

Asked by Greenthumbsupinc, East Palo Alto, CA Fri Mar 2, 2012

And asked to get a visit. The agent was addement about only showing the home on Feb 19 which was 2 weeks away at the time, at a planned Open House. We waited and showed upon the 19th to find a little hand written sign on the door saying open house cancelled and her phone number. We once again called and she never replies! Anyone know what all this is about ? I've never heard of listings that agents don't jump on to seel when there is a buyer. Someone. Please enlighten me.

I agree with Michelle, I have had the same experience with my buyers as you have. It usually has to do with a hostile tenant who does not want the home sold and have to move, but sometimes it is the seller as Michelle has stated. The agent on the other hand is not being a professional when they do not respond to inquiries about a property they have listed, I also have had this occur, I tell my buyers just to move on as usually it is way to complicated to sort out what is happening.
At your service,
Certified Distressed Property Expert
DRE# 01397256
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 3, 2012
It sounds to me like it is a tenant occupied home. Tenants often are at odds with the motivations of the sellers. the other possibility is it is a short sale and the people are under duress and having hard time letting people into see the home because of their current financial situation and sometimes they're just embarrassed about the condition.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 2, 2012
I hear that...I have a Commercial Listing on University Avenue- I try to show a home down the street and I had not answer.
In my listing I never advertise an open House since this is a Commercial Listing it require that buyers know the investment opportunity here.
This home-office is 2 years old and is highly recommend for Dental or medical office.
It has tree car garages on the back.... Listing Price is $600K now.
If you have any buyers/investors for this commercial place let me know.

Maria De Prieto
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 15, 2012
We are almost back to seller market in some area of Santa Clara County.
Web Reference:
It does sound like a difficult person in occupancy. I can't speak as to why the agent didn't call back, I could speculate all day long but that won't help you.

I agree with Allyson and Michelle. One of the frustrations in real estate is that we are not only working with high dollar product but also emotions. It is difficult to separate the emotion and often times buyers blame the listing agent. I've had clients think the agent is playing games. It is important to understand that the listing agent works for the seller and the seller ultimately makes the decision. Allow your agent to be the go between and it should be a better outcome.

All the best to you.
Web Reference: