Home Buying in Cheyenne>Question Details

Bobby, Both Buyer and Seller in Cheyenne, WY

There are some homes I've had my eye on that have sold. Yet I can't find the sale price on popular websites that provide this info. What?

Asked by Bobby, Cheyenne, WY Fri Mar 9, 2012

gives? Strangely I found the sales prices of homes that sold more recently than the homes that sold a bit earlier, those are the ones I really wanted to know the final sales price. Also, when a final sales price is released it gives the bottom line including closing costs, correct?

Answers

6
zillow.com is pretty accurate.
Wyoming is a non-disclosure state in releasing the sales prices of homes / property. If you are in the process of buying / selling a home, an agent can assist with this as we have access to the sales information. As you know, this will allow us those sales prices in assisting you with your selling / buying needs.
What is the purpose for the data? Do you need a Value analysis done on your home? As an agent we have access to all that data. If your looking to buy or sell Call. 307-772-1184
Wyoming is a nondisclosure state. Home sales are not "published" or available to the public.
You can go to the courthouse and see what the sales price is when the deed is recorded, but that is a lot of work. Check in with a Real Estate agent you trust for more details.

Mark Puett
Associate Broker – Owner
Coldwell Banker,
The Property Exchange
307-286-2472
FAX 866-661-1176
http://www.movetowyo.com
Bobby,

The best advice for home buyers when trying to find comparable closings is to contact a real estate professional. Your agent can pull up the most accurate property information including sale figures. Concessions including closing costs paid by the seller may but are not always indicated on the closing information. Real estate agents have a good idea of the market trends and can advice you with what the sellers are paying for the buyers in the current market.

Carol Perdew
Prudential California Realty
(209) 239-7979
Carol@PerdewHomes.com
http://www.CentralValleyHomes.com
DRE 985176
Thanks Carol, I have an agent and I'm not unhappy with him. Things are not as they were back in the day. Service providers are paid less and have to do more to earn a living. That leaves the consumer with having to be their own advocate in many areas. This applies to real estate, healthcare, finance, legal issues, etc. I appreciate your input.
Flag Thu Mar 15, 2012
There could be a number of reasons why the prices aren't listed yet. Probably has to do with delays in paperwork, recording the deed, etc. Rather than use "popular websites," check to see if your county has the information online. If so, you'll find it there before you find it elsewhere.

As for the final sales price reflecting the bottom line: No. Absolutely not. Example: Joe sells a house to Sally for $100,000. But Sally asks for $3,000 in closing cost assistance. Or $3,000 for redecoration. Whatever. The sales price is shown on the records as $100,000, but Joe actually sold the house for $97,000. On top of that, of course, it doesn't show the real estate commission. If Joe paid a 6% commission (it's fully negotiable), then Joe paid a $6,000 commission. So now we're down to $91,000 that Joe actually received. Then there are the closing costs. Many are paid by the buyer, of course. (Though, in this example, maybe Joe covered some of them.) But some costs will be paid by the seller. Let's say $1,000. Now we're down to $90,000 that Joe really received.

So you check online and you see that Joe sold his house for $100,000. And you're concerned about the bottom line because maybe you've got a $95,000 mortgage. Or maybe you need to net $20,000 in order to buy your next home. You think you're fine . . . until, when you sell, you realize you're receiving $10,000 less than you expected.

No: Final sales price reflects none of those additional expenses. (A Realtor will be able to give you a pretty good idea of what the expenses will be.)

Great information Don. This will help me find and interperate comp data more accurately. Thank you.
Flag Thu Mar 15, 2012
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA