Adebola, Home Buyer in 95828

There are lots of cheap properties in Atlanta which zip codes would best for an investment

Asked by Adebola, 95828 Fri Sep 19, 2008

looking at 30310/30314/30315

Answers

6
There are countless options to you as someone looking to invest. I'm partial to a few areas. First off, if you can find a "cheap" buy in an area that's already strong and developed, I would say that's a great move to make. There are plenty of spots like this... Sandy Springs, Buckhead, Duluth, Suwanee... But, if you are looking for somewhere to invest in now and watch it flourish, I might lean to Brookhaven/30319 (true, it's already quite developed, but there is so much going on right now) or the West side of Atlanta/30135. This area is one of the last to be really developed and it's growing in leaps and bounds right now. Even in this down market, it continues to sell. Mableton/30126 too... another great spot that I think is up and coming.
Of course, a huge part of this equation is how much you want to spend. Have you talked to a lender? Maybe you are paying cash...? Are you okay with being outside of the perimeter?
There are many factors that need to be clarified before this question can fully be answered.

If you want to talk more in depth about your options, feel free to call
Tony Teixeira
770-851-5050
Adebola:

What type of investment are you looking for? If you want to create a portfolio of rental property there is a wide array of areas that attract a strong rental market. Likewise, there are alternate areas with strong sales of renovation resales. The key in either is to know what type of property and finishes the market is looking for. Otherwise you can end up with an unmarketable property.
Go where the taxes are lowest. :)

Also, for the past 25 or so years, SW Atlanta has been the ghetto. Before that, it was filled with many blue-collar workers, so there are still remnants of the good old days with lots of plumbing, car mechanics (and factories) etc.

Also, most cities tend to grow (directionally) to the NE, so the SW is the complete opposite. Doesn't mean there aren't deals to be made, but the growth is probably not going to be as great as it would be elsewhere. Also, you're starting to get into the Clayton County side of things, which most Financial Advisors would tell you to not invest in two areas; Atlanta water and Clayton County. I don't know if these are Clayton or not, and if not, they're probably Fulton, which south Fulton is not a great area for schools or crime.
adebola,

What is your estimate of Cheap?? For some this could be $200K for others it could be under $100K.

What kind of investment? Are you looking for a renovation flip or a long term rental investment.

These are questions you need to ask yourself to determine what areas to look in here. There are different markets all around the city.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 20, 2008
Adebola,

If cheap is your primary criteria, then you are looking in nice high inventory zip codes, my friend.

How long do you want to hold a cheap property?

When do you seek your first purchase of a cheap property?

10 or 20 purchases right now, or one or two right now?

You doin' all cash?

Who is going to buy from you when you seek to sell?

Get your real estate on.
Web Reference: http://intowninsider.com/
I used to live in ATL, and was just down for a visit a month ago, I know Marrietta/east cobb is a nice area with a wide range of prices, I also know two ppl who live in Norcross, and would not recomend that area (police tackling ppl in your front yard type of area). Not sure if this info would help for investment purposes.