Home Buying in Old Naples>Question Details

Emma Erdahl, Other/Just Looking in Arlington, VA

There are a lot of properties for sale in the Ole development of Lely. What are the problems with this development?

Asked by Emma Erdahl, Arlington, VA Tue Feb 19, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://=www.trulia.com/property/3102128796-807-River-Point-Dr-Naple… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.trulia.com/property/3102128796-807-River-Point-Dr…

Answers

11
Clark Pear’s answer
A lot of people invested in Ole development in Lely when it was being built and are now looking to resell and recoup there investment...Lely is an excellent community done by Stock Development and they are having record breaking sales this year...the Ole product in more of a Niche product and has a smaller audience for buyers...call me to discuss further
Emma, contact us through our website http://www.naplesrealestateguys.com/ and we will email a complete list of active listings.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 19, 2013
Dear Emma, For your convenience please review home pricing on my free home search site: http://www.buysellhomesnaplesfl.com
Steve Moller, Realtor
Vanderbilt Realtors
Naples, Fl 34109
239-963-1262
The units in Ole are townhouses, smaller size and are great for investors, folks who want to rent the units out. Developed and built by Stock development it is a well planned rout comity with it's own town center with shops and theatre close by.
Hi Emma,
As a resident of Lely for over ten years now, I can say that I love living in this part of Naples. Depending on whether you are looking to move here full time or seasonally, to me there are more pros than cons in this part of Naples.

For one, you will get a lot of bang for your buck since you are technically outside the city. Downtown Naples is a 15-20 minute drive seasonally and out of season 10-15 minutes, which is fantastic! Because you are not in the heart of downtown Naples, if you want to spend quiet time around the house, trips to the grocery store or the bank won't drive you nuts with lots of traffic or lines. In my opinion, living a little out of the city gives you the best of both worlds. Depending on your lifestyle, Lely does offer some fantastic perks, such as golf (1 private, 2/3 public courses right in Lely and Lely Resort), a private dog park, lots of walking/riding paths. The beach and boating are a mere 10 miles away(or less!).

In performing a quick search there are tons of options in your price point around Naples, including Lely, that offer homes with character like Ole and amenities galore. After all, we are a resort town! I have a perfect area in mind for you, and even the perfect villa with character galore on the inside and lots of community amenities and greenery. I'd love to send you the information and pictures! Please feel free to email me or respond for more information. Naples is amazing and we would love to give you a foothold here of your very own!

Lavitaciara@gmail.com
Hi Emma,

Your link goes to an Olde Naples property, a great, convenient location to downtown living.

It is my personal opinion that the community of Lely would be a last choice for Naples living. While I say that based on my needs, wants and lifestyle, I did preview it during my home search because of its advertisement and "awards". It was a quick decision to rule it out. The homes I viewed were beautiful and were at a price point much higher than the link you reference (which again, is not in the community of Lely)

The community fees, location and immediate surrounding area did not make anything in my life convenient.

If you are interested in submerging yourself in all things Naples.....beach, history, arts, theater, shopping, dining, golf.... there are many other locations north/west to suggest.

You also did not mention if your property purchase would be for full-time, part-time or seasonal usage or if you would be desirous of possibly using it as a rental. Asking what "Problems" a development has often times leads to answers of a more personal nature than of an engineering or structural origin. In communities like Lely there are usually many listings available just because of the size of the community.

Again, it is my opinion based on submerging myself in all things Naples as a full time resident but even when I visited here seasonally, living in this geographical area was never a consideration for me or my family.

I do really like many of the construction attributes of the homes I have been in that are built by Stock as well as the personalities of several of the people whom represent their construction. These two things were not what lead to my feelings of the community.

Since all peoples needs/wants are different you should definitely visit the area and take the time to travel around it to make sure its right for you.

I'm sure you will find a perfect home for your needs! Best of luck to you in your search! Naples is paradise!
Thanks so much for your thoughtful reply. We love the nonNaples look of the Ole development (although we love Naples!). Naples homes in our price range (below 400K), all look the same to us. We want some character, newer, not a golf course (at least not one with the bundled fees), lush landscaping or the potential to do it ourselves, walk able community. So maybe such a combination does not exist! All ideas are welcome...thanks.
Flag Thu Feb 21, 2013
22 properties for resale from 180->325 for resale; developer is still selling new properties. Let me know if your need assistance....KathyBC 800-448-3411 ext 601....2/19

The property above is in Olde Naples; not Ole which in in Levy Resorts.
Newer, nice amenities, no problems. Geography is the only issue in our view. http://www.naplesrealestateguys.com/
Dear Emma, Our company has a seasonal rental we handle in Ole. Please call Joe Straface my agent handling that home to get more info about rents and purchase opportunities in Ole.
Joe's number is 239-784-9310 email: Joestraface@hotmail.com Joe can be a big help.
Steve Moller, Realtor
Vanderbilt Realtors
Naples, FL
http://www.vanderbiltrealtors.com
It is a blessing from the buyer side that there is excess inventory.......nothing wrong with the community.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Domain-RealtyGroup.com
There is nothing wrong with Ole. Nice community. Just happens that way sometimes as farcas number of listings. May I schedule a showing for you when you will be in town?