Bindu, Home Buyer in California

The townhome in Los Gatos is a little noisy at the patio as it faces the free way.

Asked by Bindu, California Fri Nov 14, 2008

I just wanted to thank all for responding to my question about Campbell single family home vs Los gatos townhome. I just visited the townhome again and found that the backside of the patio faces the freeway. It is a little noisy on the patio while the house is quiet when all the doors and windows are shut. Will this impact he resale value of the home?

Answers

2
Bindu,
The freeway will be there longer than you, and can only get busier. If it bothers you now it will be a negative for other people when you come to sell it. There are plenty of high end townhouses available both in and close to Los Gatos so make sure you have checked out all your options.
Good luck, Bill
Hi Bindu,

Freeway noise does have an influence on buyers, not all, but many. That being said, most properties that are affected by freeway noise are offered at a price that would help compensate for that factor.

Keep doing your homework. Buying real estate is a very big investment. You want to make the best investment decision for you and your family.

April