Grace, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

The seller's realtor won't show the house???

Asked by Grace, Philadelphia, PA Fri Jun 15, 2012

My husband and I are looking to buy a house in South Philadelphia and we are interested to look at this one house we both like. However, the seller's realtor lives/ works a bit far away from South Philadelphia and won't be able to show the house. I only spoke to the seller's realtor over the phone.
If we find the house that we both love, we are able to buy fully in cash.
What to do in this case?
Thanks in advance.

Answers

12
Just call me I'll get you a showing 215-725-5700X49

Philip J. Cunningham Sr.
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19152 215-725-5700 X49
PhilCunningham2004@yahoo.com
Web Reference: http://www.GreatPaRE.com
Your first mistake and it's a big one is to work through the listing agent who represents the Seller rather than get yourself a buyer broker who would represent your best interests. As to the listing agnet their dumb as dirt and obviously don't understand what their responsibility to the seller is. Their job is to make sure that the home is show to any interested buyers and most agents do the happy dance when they find buyers foolish enough to allow them to work both sides of a transaction and keep all the money. In situations like this the only person with great representation is the agent and the buyers (you) and the seller are basically thrown under a bus and left to fend for yourselves.

For other buyers reading this, do yourselves a favor and don't ever buy using the listing agent, get yourselves your own buyer broker, it costs you nothing and will save you lots. I've attached a link elow on how to find a great Realtor to represent you.
Good Morning Grace,

Either call the Agents Broker and have the Broker make arrangements or you can call Sheri + I and we can confidentially talk

All the Best John + Sheri Curci RE/MAX 215-757-2889
Nor sure why you are not working with an agent of your own; he/she can schedule showings, provide any necessary information, etc.
Just cut though the BULL get yourself a REALTOR sign a Buyers Relationship and call him if you see a house you like and have him search for the property you want. Just remember when you call a name on the sign that person is representing the Seller first and then the Buyer. The process to find a Realtor is simple just pick the phone up and call one and ask "What can you do for me?" OR ask Family or Friends, call me and I'll help you but due to the fact that you are looking in South Philadelphia you are better off working with an Agent from that area. I know some good agents in that area call me for a referral 215-725-5700 X49

Philip J. Cunningham Sr.
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia,PA 19152
215-725-5700 X49
Web Reference: http://www.GreatPaRE.com
When you have cash, you have one less contingency to remove, the loan contingency, and so all the more reason why you need the protection of an agent that represents your interests. The other voices here are right, time to seek out an agent, and hopefully you can find one here! Good luck! Terry Bell, CPS RE, Santa Rosa, CA
I find it unusual that an agent would take a listing yet be too far away to service it !

He or she is doing a disservice to the seller (in my opinion).

As mentioned below - find a local agent who is able to advise you an guide you, and knows the area well.......forget the listing agent!!

Best wishes.............
With out question locate a Realtor who specializes in the area! Normally the listing agent is not there for the showing
if you have a buyer agent. The buyer agent will set up the appointment.
Grace,
Sometimes things like this turn out to be a blessing in disguise. You REALLY should have your own realtor, it's your representation. Would you have the same lawyer represent opposing people in a legal matter? No! The fact that you have cash is definitely a benefit in submitting an offer, but do yourself a huge favor and find someone to assist you and YOUR needs!
If you need assistance, please call. You're never a bother to me!
Emily Landis Torres
Remax Central
267-630-2327
Emily@emilyshomeinfo.com
Www. Emilyshomeinfo.com
Grace you should get your own realtor who has your best interest at heart and represent you and your husband not the seller .Feel free to give me a call and I would be happy to set up the showing for you.
Rich Friedman
Keller Williams
267-679-1088
Doesn't matter whether you have cash or not, or whether this agent is available or not. You should ALWAYS have your own REALTOR. If you need a referral, I might be able to connect you - call me tomorrow and I will get a little info from you.
Hi Grace,

Call a local Realtor and see if they can show you the house. They would then be your Realtor so make sure it's someone you want to represent you (interview them). They should be able to access the property as long as there is a lockbox on the property.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com