Arosario191, Home Buyer in Mays Landing, NJ

The pros and coins of a townhouse vs a single family house?

Asked by Arosario191, Mays Landing, NJ Sun Aug 12, 2012

Answers

2
Debra (Debbie) Rose’s answer
Well........
Do you like having a high level of privacy?
Do you like having your own backyard to putter around in?
Do you want the freedom to paint your house the color you want, or add on if you want?

All of the above may be reasons to go with a single family home, as you are the master of your domain!!!

:)

In a townhome you will give up some of the privacy - most likely you may share a dirveway, and have at least 1 common wall.......you won't be able to make any exterior changes and will have to abide by the bylaws of the homeowner's association.
(I can't even put up hanging plants outside!)

Have you ever owned a home?

I did for 22 years, and it was great while my son was growing up...... now I am enjoying townhome living.....and......am happy not to deal with landscapers or snow removal people or gutter cleaners or new roofs or exterior painting.......all of that is taken care of in my complex...........that's a big plus for me..........

Ask yourself what is important and would be a plus to you!
Very much a matter of personal preference....but let's start the discussion out with how much maitenance you want to take on. If not much, then a townhome which is generally condo ownership and with that much/most of the maitenance taken care of for you - though you do pay a monthly fee to cover.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results