Home Buying in Fontana>Question Details

Jeff Jensen, Renter in Pleasant Grove, UT

The loaded, all important question--what schools are best in Fontana and what are ones to avoid?

Asked by Jeff Jensen, Pleasant Grove, UT Thu Jun 27, 2013

We have heard that overall, Fontana has less good schools than Rancho, and more to avoid, so we want to make sure to look in the right neighborhoods as Fontana home prices are much lower than Rancho.

Our son will start 1st grade and has been in a charter school in Utah where he has tested at 3-5 levels for reading and math. We'd like to keep him in a school where his skills can remain sharp. And our kindergartener has ADHD and will need some extra help from a teacher who is committed to each child and not just the class as a whole. Thanks!

Answers

2
Hello Jeff,

I have lived in Fontana since 1990 and all of my kids attended Fontana Unified School District. I also worked for Fontana School District many years ago. Two of my three kids have now Graduatied College and one is graduating next year. If I had to choose between South Fontana, Old Fontana or North Fontana, North Fontana schools and neighborhoods are in my opinion better.

You are right, Etiwanda School District is known to be a better district than Fontana. However their are areas of North Fontana which belong to Etiwanda School District. I am very familiar with these areas because I live and work in the community.

Please give me a call at your convenience, I would love to speak with you further and answer any questions you may have. Let me know if you need me to send you a list of properties in some of Fontana or Rancho better areas. Better yet let me know when you are in the area and I will be glad to give you a tour of the areas for which you qualify.

Thank you
Leticia Martinez
RE Broker LIc # 01470867
(909) 578-6437 Cell
(909) 349-1544 Office
Etiwanda School District is known to be a great School District, and yes you're right, North Fontana is a nice area where prices aren't as high as Rancho Cucamonga. I'd be happy to help you look for a home in this area.
Gina,
Thank you for the information, and thank you even more for the offer to help us find a home in the area! We are stressed out as this move is happening quickly and we are in Utah so we can't drive through any neighborhoods until mid-July at the earliest. I'll reach out again with the addresses of some homes we like and see if you know anything about the areas. We are looking for homes by elementary schools rated 8 or higher. We have 3 kids, ages 6, 4, and 2, and hope to find a nice family neighborhood. Thank you so much for your assistance, my wife and I truly appreciate it!
Flag Thu Jun 27, 2013