Home Buying in Oak Lawn>Question Details

Judith, Home Buyer in Marble Falls, TX

The homeowners fees and taxes listed at 2525 Turtle TC Boulevard #523J, Dallas TX 75219 683 HOA per year or month?

Asked by Judith, Marble Falls, TX Mon Apr 9, 2012

Answers

11
Since no one seems to be specifically aswering your question, I will. The 683 HOA at Turtle Creek Gardens is due monthly. Your HOA rate there depends on the square footing of the unit. The HOA monthly dues there cover everything from your basica cable, water, heat, electricity, up keep of grounds and etc. The only thing you would be responsible for is your internet, land line if choose to have one and your home owners insurance. Everything else is covered. Some pple will tell you that's a lot but by the time you start doing the math for a similar sized unit and complex and what your HOA's will be there it really is a pretty good deal considering most HOA's run around 300 and up and don't cover all that Turtle Creek Gardens does. I am speaking as a resident there and who did a lot of shopping before I purchased my wonderful unit there. If you have any other questions about the complex and want to speak to an owner feel free to contact me. I also know of an amazingly top of the line totally gutted and redone unit that is about to be put on the market there. It's my friends unit. They spared no expensense in renovating it. I hope this answers your question and let me know if you have any more and I will try and aswer them for you. I can also put you in contact with a wonderful agent if needing one. He helped me through the whole process and really cares about his clients. He will make sure you get a great deal where ever you decide to purchase and he knows all the areas well from growing up here. He won't allow you to make a bad investment.
Leigh
Great answer! I agree, if it covers water, electricity, etc.- great deal.
Flag Sat Oct 13, 2012
This is a monthly fee for services, maintance & utilities. But not always for all properties. Ths is an older property and condos will sometimes do a special assessment to all owners for whatever repairs/improvements a majority of the owners vote To approve. When buying a condo you are marrying all the other owners and hopefully the are reasonable and workable bunch. It can be a nightmare and it can be heaven, choose wisely where you buy.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 3, 2013
A tiny suggestion: even if you know how much HOA fees, while you are buying that property , it can change.
It happened to my clients.
Ex.: when a listing agent took a listing, it was 255/m, when we closed 2 months later~ my client found out that it changed to 337/m.
Go figure...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
Also does anyone know the property taxes for this location?
For how many square feet does the $683 correspond?
Hi Judith,

HOA is per month. This covers all utilities and basic cable. That includes electricity.
There's a few places like this that cover electricity, but I often think this makes resale hard.
When you start pushing HOA dues over about $300 many people want to think twice about it.

Check out the link below for more area condos and townhomes. Let me know if you would like to see inside any if you are planning to visit Uptown or Oaklawn.

Welcome to Dallas.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Hi Judith,

That amount is paid each month.

Richard
My question was specific to 2525 Turtle Creek #5235. It say HOA are $683. I know dues are paid monthly. So I was asking are the HOA $683/mo or $683 for the year.
Happy to assist you and qualify you for a mortgage ! HOA for hi rise buildings cover many amenities for the residents

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Hi Judith,

The HOA dues are paid monthly and cover:
All Utilities
Blanket Insurance
Electric
Exterior Maintenance
Front Yard Maintenance
Gas
Management Fees
Reserves
Sprinkler System
Trash
Water/Sewer

I can show you other properties in the area, if you are not already working with a realtor, or email you other listings.

Jan Absolom
JR Premier Properties
jan_absolom@msn.com
Web Reference: http://janabsolom.com/
Hi Juduth,

Those HOA's are to be paid per month... Are you in the market to buy something here in the Turtle Creek, or Uptown Dallas area?

Richard Guilliams
Real Estate Broker
469-831-6893