matthew_rola…, Home Buyer in Port Charlotte, FL

The home appraisal is less than the selling price by $10,000.00. The seller will not negotiate therefore killing the deal.

Asked by matthew_roland2000, Port Charlotte, FL Sun Sep 2, 2012

Before the binder money is received by the me the buyer, the seller reduces the asking price. It appears that the seller was using me to get the home inspection, WDO and appraisal information by me paying for the inspections at a cost of $905.00. I also beleive the seller's agent was part of all this. What's my recourse? Can I make the seller pay me for the inspections?

Answers

4
Your required a lawyer to answer. Your agent can help you
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Since you paid for the inspection and appraisal, you had no obligation to share this with the seller.. Why did you share this with the seller?If you wanted the property why didn't you just offer the appraisal price? Do you have your own Realtor working for you or are you using the Realtor who listed the property?
If the Realtors are Transaction Brokers they must share information equally with both parties and cannot take sides. Their only role is to bring both parties together. and work honestly w/both.
If you are looking w/out a Realtor you have no one to turn to for guidence. Realtors do not charge buyers to look at or buy properties. Sellers pay the commission. Buyers pay mortgage fees and other associated fees for borrowing, plus pro rated taxes and insurances.
C. Pat Denvir, Realtor
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Did your agent do CMA prior to you submitting the offer? Was that estimate of market value higher than sales price? You won't be able to get seller to reimburse you for home inspection. The inspection is done for your protection.

Make sure for future offers that your agent has done his work in helping you prepare your offer. Sounds like you may not have been prepared for the process.

Good luck with your search.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
My advice would be to seak the guidance of a real estate attorney..........

If you are still thinking of buying please give me a call and I can put my knowledge and experiance to work for you to get you a really good deal

Colin Russell, SFR - Realtor
386-627-3198

an associate with Realty Exchange
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012