Matt, Other/Just Looking in Chandler, AZ

The Villas at San Marcos Commons

Asked by Matt, Chandler, AZ Wed Apr 1, 2009

Can someone tell me about this community? Is this new construction or are these condo conversions? The pricing seems high given you can buy a SFR for less. Why are they so pricey? What is the HOA?

Answers

5
Matt I am in the process of selling my 3 bedroom unit in Phase 1 for 229,900 The condo fees are 135.00
If you would like to contact me feel free . 780-827-2661.
The area around is quite beautiful and the unit and grounds are well maintained .
Matt,

Right now, they are getting ready to start phase II of San Marcos Commons. They have some close-out prices for 3 bedroom units, selling for $249,990. That is going to be about what you can get the 2 bedrooms for in phase II.

Don't know if you have been inside these units, but I have. They are unique because they have no interior walls that are shared. They are also being deeded as "fee simple", not condominium.

I also loved the high 10 foot ceilings, large bathrooms and walk-in closets, private balcanies, and beautiful architecture. Plus, each unit comes with a 2 car garage. These condo's are very unique to Chandler.

Plus, the same builders of San Marcos Commons are developing the area around the condominiums. They are going to have small boutique stores, shops, small businesses, and nice restaurants all within walking distance. Like Patty said, you can find out more by going to their website, but if you are interested in buying, I would recommend you work with a buyers agent.
Matt,

Send me a note by clicking on my name in blue and then selecting the "Contact Me" button. I'll send you some info.
Thanks Patty. Are all the townhomes in there going for $250k+? They do seem over-priced. I would be looking at a 3 bedroom, are there any 3 bedrooms for sale in here or any foreclosures? Unless I can find a good deal on one in there i probably would pass.
Matt,

They are new construction townhomes (2007+) which are built as "urban townhomes" within the Chandler downtown area - walking distance to shops, boutiques, & restaurants. The HOA fees are listed at $135 per month for a 2 bd/2.5 bath unit. Pricey based on urban factor plus new builds finding it hard to compete with resale market due to foreclosures/short sales. I've included a link to the marketing webpage for the community. I can also get you more info on recent sales in that community if you're interested.