Claudia Stad…, Real Estate Pro in Cary, NC

The Real Estate Market has picked up in Cary NC, the inventory is down. Questions for Buyers what "wants" are you willing to eliminate to

Asked by Claudia Stadtlander, Cary, NC Tue Dec 3, 2013

buy? I'm working with buyers and it seems that there are not many choices for them and multiple offers are happening.... We make a list of top 5 requirements in a house before we look at any homes... what are some of the items that buyers are okay with giving up to purchase a home?

Answers

2
Most buyers I work with are primarily concerned with location, whether it be for schools, work, shopping, hospitals or RDU. If the homes have the right amount of beds and baths, people don't seem to get too worked up over the yard sizes or the cosmetic features. Location, Location, Location!!
Really interesting question. I think every buyer is unique but were I advising my buyers on what to be willing to make a concession on it would be the cosmetic aspects of the home. Location is always the most important. Bedrooms and baths should be given precedence. Floor plan as well, it can sometimes be changed but doing so can often run into real money. Things like lot size, floor coverings, paint colors, counter top materials can all be changed easily over time.

I'll be interested to see what others think as well.