Home Buying in Edina>Question Details

paulschmidt, Home Buyer in Edina, MN

The Edina home I was interested in was purchased by a builder. How can I find out who the builder is so I can contact him about a possible purchase?

Asked by paulschmidt, Edina, MN Fri Jan 18, 2013

Answers

9
Hi, Paul Schmidt!
Well, these are all wonderful answers here. I think the point is it might be a good idea for you to secure your own agent. When you are the buyer, it will cost you nothing out of pocket for your agent's commission. In MN, most often, agents are paid from the proceeds of the transaction. I

I just want people to understand, this is a legal transaction, possibly the largest transaction you'll ever make. Why would you want to go up against a builder/agent who does this all the time without anybody looking out for your best interests?

I hope you get this property. It seems you really like it!!
You could check county records, it may have the purchase updated.

http://www16.co.hennepin.mn.us/pins/addrsrch.jsp

Then a simple Google search should get you a phone number.

You could also contact city hall to see if it is a home that is slated for replacement like Donald mentions.

-Matt
Good Morning Paul,
Edina, my home town, had 90 homes replaced with new homes last year. There will, most likely, be more this year. Your professional Realtor will be able to help you. They may be able to access plans for the new house, or show you comps, as well. A little advice: you do want to be working with your own Realtor on the buy side, someone who represents only YOUR interests. The builder, and their representatives, represent only the selling side and want you to pay the highest amount. Call me if you have questions. Thank you for your question.
Web Reference: http://www.mywra.net
Best next action is to ask a local Real Estate Broker by clicking "Find a Pro" in the main menu at the top of this website. http://www.naplesrealestateguys.com/
Good Morning. If you provide the address, I can find out. I also work with a builder in Edina. There are a small group of us and we all get along well. If you are willing to share the address, i can likely get the name of the owner.

We do have a property that just went on the market in East Edina, under 1 million. It's a superb new construction home at 5720 Ewing. It's being staged today and we are holding an open house on Sunday the 20th from 1-3.

Amy Deckas Edina Realty
Broker, Agent
50th & France Office
Edina, MN
612-735-7430
Hi Paul,

I would not recommend talking directly to the builder in this case. She or he has no reason to look out for your interests in any purchase situation, and in fact will be listening carefully to any details you disclose about your budget and/or motivation to buy.

If you want to move forward on this home, first send me an email at keith.blix@century21luger.com. I'll be happy to contact the builder on your behalf.

Thanks!

Keith Blix
keith.blix@century21luger.com
You can check out tax records and find out who the owner is....or just do it the old fashion way and door knock at the address you are seeking. If you want to get in contact with him that will be the fastest way.
Hi Paul, I live in and have worked in Edina for over 30 years. Just send me the address at tod.teeple@results.net and I'll get you the information right away. Thanks. Tod
What is the address? I can do research for you.