Dolphinhead, Home Buyer in 30144

Thanks in advance for any advice! My son will be going to Paideia (on Ponce de Leon Ave in Atl) in the fall and we're looking for a house since

Asked by Dolphinhead, 30144 Mon Mar 8, 2010

commuting from our current Kennesaw home would be too much. I've been looking at Mableton since it would still be the suburbs but closer in. Any suggestions? We love Vinings Estates and are looking in the 300-350k. THANK YOU!

Answers

8
Vinings Estates is popular and the largest neighborhood in Smyrna Vinings. If you like Wieland, who built Vinings Estates, then you may want to check out Providence and Legacy at the Riverline.

Other options include The Retreat at Old Vinings Lake (which is the neighborhood with the longest name), Wetherbrooke, Woodland Brooke and Woodland Gate.

Aaron Hofmann
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 8, 2010
In addition to Mableton and Vinings, the school is close to Virginia Highland, Druid Hills and Little Five Points. You may consider all of your options. It depends on how many bedrooms, bathrooms, etc. you need to have. Please contact me for more details at 678-986-9226 Jacklin Solomon, Professional Real Estate Agent, Drake Realty Inc. I will be glad to meet you and provide you with a free consultation.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
I live in vinings estates and love the area. It is so central to everything being so close to 285. If you are interested in a townhome there is a great townhome community in the center of the vinings Estates neighborhood. It is fabulous and the prices are below around 320,000 and below. There is a current listing below market value. I would love the chance to help you find your home.
Susan Taylor
Maximum One Realty
http://www.susanetaylor.com
Web Reference: http://Susanetaylor.com
If Mableton is the town you are most considering, let me suggest either doing a shrot sale or forclosure in Vinings Estates for the best deal. Or taking a look at The Retreat at Old Vinings Lake or snagging a great deal in Vinings Cove, Brookmere and Brookmere West or even in Slivergate. The homes are of good value and you won't have to pay the Smyrna city taxes as you would in Vinings Estates.
Web Reference: http://www.GoMableton.com
If you would like to stay in the suburbs and in keeping with a reasonable commute, I would recomend Gwinnett county (Duluth,Suwanee, Tucker, Lilburn and Norcross area etc.). You should be able to find a newer home (built after 2000) 4 bed 3 bath in the price range between 300k and 350k. Let me know if I can help.
If you are not already working with a realtor I have access to some foreclosure properties in that price range that may suit your needs.

Feel free to contact me privately through my Trulia profile.
Aaron is the best Realtor in West Cobb that I know - his answer got my thumbs up.

Regardless, in my 23 years of ITP and OTP commuting, I think that Mableton and Kennesaw are "six of one and a half a dozen of the other" if your key commute is to and from eastern Ponce Leon every day.

20 minutes or so on Barrett Parkway - that's the difference between Mableton and Kennesaw...right?

To and from Paideia, everyday - give yourself 45 minutes or possibly over an hour from either Mableton or Kennesaw.

Dolphinhead - I've lived in Intown Atlanta since 1998, and I know lots of Paideia parents. My daughter will apply there in about 4 years. I understand the draw, but I don't understand the commute shortening that you seek.

I do understand the advantage of Mableton, slightly, as long as you roll Bankhead.

But, if you want "suburban" then...

Why not Dupont Commons or West Highlands in west Atlanta?

Why not my neighborhood, Hawthorn Park in Kirkwood?

More directly, why not a Druid Hills townhome across the street from Paideia?

Keep your Kennesaw grade weapons if you decide that you want to do that Bankhead Bounce!
There are nine active FMLS listings in the area, Dolph, priced at $375K and under. If you would like for me to send you e-flyers from our listing service, please forward me your email address and I will get it over directly. Good Luck!

Michael Hammond
SellsRealty@gmail.com
404-538-5499

http://www.georgiamls.com/agentsite/index.cfm?SiteID=hammondjohnm