Anita, Home Buyer in 27519

Thank you for providing useful insight into the Cary area.On a recent visit we felt this would be a perfect area to relocate.

Asked by Anita, 27519 Wed Mar 3, 2010

We are looking for a home near Cary Academy in the 350,000 range.Being a buyer's market we are looking for value for money in a safe family oriented neighborhood and good elementary school and access to the highways.Any recommendations?

Answers

10
Anita,

My daughter just graduated from Cary Academy in 2009. She was there from 6th grade through graduation and had a wondeful experience. I can't say enough about the quality education. Please feel free to PM me if you'd like more details on the school and my daughter's experience there.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 3, 2010
Anita, there are many family oriented neigbhorhoods in Cary that are perfect to call home. That is why I love Cary! Do you have a specific price range that could help narrow your search?

http://activerain.com/blogsview/648614/Cary-NC-Real-Estate
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 3, 2010
Anita -

Welcome to Cary from a true Cary native - that's right I grew up with the Town! I've spent the last 13 plus years helping families relocate to my wonderful hometown and would love to help you as well - regardless of who you pick I can't emphasize enough the importance of having a Realtor represent you as your buyers agent in this process!

Below is a link for homes in Cary with 4 or more bedrooms and a basement - all in the 300-500k range - I know you said 400 as the cap - only letting you know the options if you were to increase your price range. The homes are not within a 2 mile radius of Cary Academy but thats going to be quite a challenge as Cary Academy closely borders the edge of Cary with I-40 and the very large Umstead State park - which leaves limited housing in that area that would match what you are looking for.
http://trianglemls.mlxtempo.com/Pub/EmailView.asp?r=82600560…
Hello Anita, sounds like you have an adventure coming up. Relocating is so exciting, and to such a wonderful place too. We relocated here almost 2 years ago, and all the article's and write-ups didn't even come close to describing how nice it is to live here. Are you relocating here as part of a business or employment transfer, or just plain looking for a great place to live and raise your family? No need to answer that here, you've already given the price range that you are comfortable with, as well as the location, that's the easy part. The next part is that you need a consultant to start discussing the other wants and needs of your family and we work together to find a house that will live right for you and your family. I would really like to help you make this relocation smooth and enjoyable, please feel free to contact me through my profile page. From someone who knows how relocation feels, I am here to help and assist you any way that I can.
Anita,

Based on my prior post, This cuts the number of homes down from 53 to 16 with only two under $400,000. Neither home has a basement. You may find better value in the short and long term by considering a home with a bonus room above ground if the purpose of a basement is to have that "added, flexible space" Nonetheless, we can always open up the search parameters by extending the radius to Cary Academy or adding a year or two to the desired age of the home. If you want me to tweak the search to find additional possibilities or answer any other questions, please feel free to contact me!

Anita,
Being a Cary resident I feel that it has much to offer with great parks, community centers and convenient shopping. Bond Park is near the Cary Acafemy area and is a super for a family outing. We have many neighborhoods in your range. Having a buyer's agent will help you find the right home with the least stress. Let me know if I can be of help.
Depending on what specific characteristics you desire in a home, finding value in that price point should be fairly easy. Within a 2 mile radius of Cary Academy, there are approximately 53 homes for sale with prices as low as $141,000 and as high as 1,200,000. On the other hand, there were 11 sales in the same area within the past 90 days and the average % list to sales price is 98% (homes sold for 98% of the most recent list price). That does not mean that there are not bargain in this area but it all depends on what we find when we take a closer look at the market based on what you want in a home and how that home will accommodate your lifestyle. I have community reports that I can send you via email that are based on zip codes. This will give you school information as well as other important demographics that you can use to help you in your decision.

Speaking as someone who lives in Cary, this is a GREAT town with many amenities that people of all ages can use!!! I LOVE it!!

Good luck!!!
Thank you .We will be looking for a 4BR home ,preferably with a basement, newer/hopefully under 10 years.Under 400k b/c our 10 and 12 yr old will be in Cary academy and 6 year old in public schools.Are there any only boys/girls schools in the area.We are planning a series of visits to finalise buying a home soon/by summer.
There are several neighborhoods along that area of Cary Parkway which would work. Cary Parkway ends at the entrance to Cary Academy, and is no more than 5 minutes to I-40. If you have a Buyer's Agent, they should readily be able to send you homes in those neighborhoods, provide school information, and other demographic information to help you get a great feel for that area. If you don't have a Buyer's Agent, then I would be happy to assist you and provide all of those things to you.
Web Reference: http://www.BoBromhal.com
Anita,
You are right this is a great area to relocate to. As Tracy stated there are a lot of great neighborhoods in Cary especially in the price range you are looking at. There are not as many "great deals" in the Cary area because the area has been good about holding value since it has been ranked the top place to live in US by many national surveys. However let me point out that "familial status" is a protected class and we as agents can not recommend neighborhoods based on "family oriented" I would recommend researching the wake county public school website as looking at the information they provide. If activities for the family are important I would look at neighborhoods that have things like a pool, park, tennis courts, etc. There are always lots of great activities in and around Cary as well. If you would like a relocation package with tons of information about the area feel free to contact me and I will mail one.
Web Reference: http://www.wcpss.net