Home Buying in 94107>Question Details

Juna, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

Tax Deduction Question:

Asked by Juna, San Francisco, CA Fri Nov 7, 2008

I am told the tax savings is generally 25% of current tax payments. For instance if I am paying $1,000 in taxes, Uncle Sam would help make $250 of that. My question is should I be looking at the Fed tax only or the sum of the Fed and State Tax as the basis for the deduction? So if my Fed tax is $1,000 monthly and State CA tax is $300, will the 25% savings be based on the sum of State and Fed $1300.. so $325?

Help the community by answering this question:


Rodolfo’s answer
Hi Juna,

It is always good to have a tax break from every aspect in life, but it is highly recommended to contact your tax accountant in order to have a clear picture as to what tax break you are getting..

Good luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 9, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer