Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

LuvforTX, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

TX new home Builder won't allow changes to contract? Is it even worth taking the contract to real estate attorney for review before signing or not?

Asked by LuvforTX, Houston, TX Mon Nov 11, 2013

Please advise

Answers

2
I even as a real estate broker can not give you legal advice but what I can say is what I would do in the same situation. I personally would not worry about contacting a real estate attorney unless you feel there is a issue with their contract that they did not hold up on their end of contract too.

Typically the builders contracts are almost the same as the TREC (Texas Real Estate Commission). That contract is written to protect the public ( buyers & sellers ).

Now on a good note, I have been selling new homes for so long as well as half of my family all have or are new home sales agents directly for the builder, I have not ran into a case yet that the builder kept the earnest money from a buyer if the buyer backed out of the contract. Now I cant say that would never happen but in my 13 years of selling new homes, the builders have always been great to my clients.

One thing you could do that would not cost much is if it is a smaller builder, have a attorney review the contract just to make sure everything is on the up and up. Typically most real estate agents or brokers can do the same for you though if they are experienced.

Feel free to email me which builder you are looking to buy through and I would be happy to tell you my experience with that builder. My email is Daniel@pmrproperties.com. I am also more then happy to assist and represent you if you do not already have a experienced agent representing you.

Thank You,

Your Personal Real Estate Broker
Texas Monthly Magazine "FIVE STARâ„¢ Customer Service Award for 2011, 2012 & 2013

Daniel De Mitri
Broker / Owner
Ph (281) 408-4185
Ph (512) 203-2191
Fax (281) 817-5930
http://www.PmrProperties.com
Daniel@pmrproperties.com
Premier Properties Realty & Management
Residential, Commercial & Multifamily Sales & Consulting
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 12, 2013
No, typically a builder will not allow any changes to their contract. They typically have their own attorney write up their contracts to protect them. When you are dealing with selling that many homes as well as being the builder, they have to protect themselves in every which way they can.

Now I have been assisting and specializing in helping buyers buy new homes for over 13 years and typically never ran into any issues. Most builders are very good and overall looking out for their buyers to be happy and satisfied since they rely a lot on their reviews.

If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to call or email myself or my assistant. I am more then happy to help you find the perfect home.

Thank You,

Your Personal Real Estate Broker

Daniel De Mitri
Broker / Owner
Ph (281) 408-4185
Ph (512) 203-2191
Fax (281) 8175930
http://www.PmrProperties.com
Daniel@pmrproperties.com
Premier Properties Realty & Management
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 12, 2013