Home Buying in Fort Wayne>Question Details

Angela Davis, Renter in 46805

THIS SITE IS A SCAM idk how many houses on here show they are for rent and fake ppl email me HORRIBLE! Not even the same pictures I will never reccomd

Asked by Angela Davis, 46805 Tue Feb 25, 2014

Anna M Brocco’s answer
Unfortunately scams exist on many sites, therefore always proceed with caution and always verify ownership before exchanging any money. Perhaps working with an agent might be a better idea..
Any site that allows anyone to post rental listings is plagued by the same thing. Be careful with any listings you find here or on Craigslist or other sites. Never send money in hope for keys. If a deals too good to be true, it isn't.
Sorry for your bad experience. You might want to find a local property management company to help you find a rental. There are generally no fees and you may find something before it hits the MLS's or other sites.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 25, 2014
You have to go back to the old saying "If it seems to good to be true, it probably is..." We got all excited as well about a listing some time back where the house was being rented for a song....was not the case and the pics did not match up.... Quickest way to test is to Google the address and see if it is the same house and rents on other sites. Good Luck!!
Flag Sun Apr 20, 2014
Hello Angela, I am sorry about your on line experience! If you are looking to Rent in Fort Wayne, I might be able to help you!
That would be great!
Flag Fri Mar 7, 2014