puppy133771, Home Buyer in Saint Augustine, FL

THIS IS FOR ST AUGUSTINE FLA ONLY what is the tax rate PER $100 Of Property and HOME . WE just want a BALL PARK FIGURE ONLY... Just checking it out

Asked by puppy133771, Saint Augustine, FL Sat Feb 23, 2013

for now thanks

Answers

6
For property taxes in St. Johns County, it can depend if you are within City limits or just within the County, but the property taxes are billed as follows:
15.5184/$1000 of property value for the County;
18.0601/$1000 of property value if you are located within the City of St. Augustine Beach; and
21.6822/$1000 of property value if you are located within the City of St. Augustine.
This does not include the Homestead exemption that you may qualify for if the home is your primary residence.
For more information you can visit the Tax Collectors website at http://www.sjctax.us/
If you need help in your home search, or have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at 904-501-3070 email: karen.peil@prunet.com or visit my website at MyStAugustineHome.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 23, 2013
Thank you so much it really helps!!!! will be in touch with you for sure
Flag Sat Feb 23, 2013
To answer your second question below, the answer is yes and maybe. If the foreclosure is owned by Fannie or Freddie or a few other lenders, there may be an owner occupant "First Look" period. This doesn't mean that an investor or second home purchaser cannot buy, but they may give primary residence owners first opportunity to bid.

I think the next part of your question may be property tax related. If you win the bid, make the purchase and keep your home in NC, you will have to check with your state regarding homestead eligibility and compare it to the FL property to see what will benefit best your particular financial situation. If this is not what you are asking, please feel free to give me a call or email me and I would be happy to help.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Christine H Scheutzow PA
904-993-1436
christinesells@kw.com
http://www.homesofstjohnscounty.com
for message below.you currently have that home you own now in NC
If you own a home now, but you are not going to sell it, can you still buy a foreclosure in FLA??????
Sure, you can purchase a foreclosure in Florida if you own property elsewhere, particularly if you are paying cash. If you were planning to finance the purchase it would depend on if you would qualify for the mortgage.
Flag Sun Feb 24, 2013
Here is a nifty St. Augustine tax calculator, it is good for any property in the St. Johns County district:

http://www.sjcpa.us/Estimate%20my%20Taxes.html

Visit the site, enter your purchase price, select your area, choose your exemptions and click "estimate my taxes". So easy, and accurate!
WOW This information is fantastic. great . thanks again everyone
would you know a current good site for crime and races????????
Flag Sun Feb 24, 2013
its 18 cents PER THOUSAND in the county. I believe it's 24 in the city.

On a 200K house, it would be 3600 per year, minus homestead exemption, etc. Also, the county doesn't always base tax on full price, there are other factors.