Home Buying in Waterford>Question Details

Ben, Home Buyer in Waterford, VA

Supervisor Higgins of Catoctin District wrote a letter in Leesburg Today 2/5/14 and it questions good title. Is this true and has it been disclosed?

Asked by Ben, Waterford, VA Thu Feb 6, 2014

Answers

2
Adjacent properties can become an issue in areas like Waterford where there are alleys and small space between properties. There is no easy answer but my suggestion to a client in this situation would be to make sure they have well-defined property lines. Surveys can be done and they can be pricey but in this case they can be well worth their cost. Just one thought!

I hope this helps!

Beth Seifart
Keller Williams Realty - Leesburg, VA
Supervisor Higgins stated "Many Waterford residents are affected by these roads and alleys and, because of this uncertainty in the chain of title, have had difficulty buying, selling or adding to their homes". Doesn't it seem like a wholesale slander of title causing clouds and confusion that need to be dealt with in quiet title action?