Home Buying in Linden>Question Details

Monika, Both Buyer and Seller in New York, NY

Sunnyside in Linden

Asked by Monika, New York, NY Mon Jun 15, 2009

I'm planning on making an offer on a Sunnyside home but I'm hesitant due to poor school ratings in Linden. Also, I'm worried that if I buy house now, fix on the way and try to sell it in next 5 or 7 years I won't be able to profit on it (or at least no loose on it) How is Sunnyside - getting better? Getting worse? I know the stats from bestplaces.net but any advice from someone actually living in there? How is the neighborhood? Quiet or crazy loud like here in NY? Any pros? Any cons? Please help!

Answers

2
Monika, I lived in Sunnyside most of my life and it is in my opinion probably the best part of Linden, definitely the more desirable section of Linden.

Prices have surprisingly dropped but pretty much bottomed out in that area, mostly because people that Live in the sunnyside area do for most of their lives. This area is one where people move the least, until recent years when many chose to cash out and retire elsewhere.

When I first moved to Sunnyside, the previous people who lived there moved to Florida to retire and shortly after so did my neighbors which coincidentally was his brother and his wife. Sunnyside is changing but not drastically enough that I'd worry, it's still without a doubt the most desirable area of town.

If you'd like help making the offer or seeing the house I'd be glad to help, I know the area inside out.
I personally sold many homes in Sunnyside and my cliets love the area and if you don't like Linden school system I can find you home with similar price range in the towns around Linden.
broker/associate
Tomasz Mucha
cell#848-218-0621