Parin Chogan…, Home Buyer in Crofton, MD

Summer Haven VS Mill River VS Lennox Park?

Asked by Parin Choganwala, Crofton, MD Tue Feb 5, 2013

I was looking at new single family houses in zipcode 21075 and fround Summer Haven, Mill River and Lennox Park. There is 50-60K price difference between Lenox and Summer Haven. (Both of them having around same number of lots). The communities are just 4-5 miles apart. What could be the reason?

Please Help!

Answers

3
Hi Parlin,

It is not the number of lots that can determine a builders retail price but what the builder developers had to pay for the raw land purchased. The proximity of the communities to each other makes each builder competitive with each other, all builder shop each others project and pricing every week., each builder knows what each other is doing in home offerings, incentive and importantly home options pricing. New home "BASE" prices are determined by land cost and square footage of the home.

To best answer your question a square footage and floor plan analysis for your home choice would have to be done to determine the best value.

Remember this, your lot location choice is more important than the home that sits on it.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty group
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 5, 2013
Please feel free to call me. I have several new homes for sale in the 21075 and have sold quite a few in Elkridge over the years. Additionally, I have sold over 4000 homes , many of them new homes and feel I can be of great assistance to you, 443-280-1922
Hi Parin,

There are a number of factors that could cause this, but it is usually a higher demand of a certain neighborhood/community that commands a higher price. A lot of factor can change the price of homes from block to block, street to street, so 4-6 miles is a good distance. A lot of things could be different or the same. Take a real in depth look at the communities to make the best decision for you and your family.

Good luck in your search