Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

Tatanisha1890, Renter in Normal, IL

Suggested Safe, urban neighborhoods close to highways and fun things to do in Houston?

Asked by Tatanisha1890, Normal, IL Tue Dec 11, 2012

Answers

3
Hi again Tatanisha, since there are many friendly areas around Houston, much of it will depend on your commute and budget, so once you visit and have an idea you will be able to judge where you are comfortable living. As realtors we are not allowed to comment on the safety or otherwise of an area. You can check out crimereports.com if you like to see some statistics.

Persis
persis.realtor@gmail.com
713-294-7747
Thankyou so much for the crimereports suggestion, I will definitely take a look at that site. I would like to spend no more than $800/month at the most for rent. I do have a car so commuting should not be a problem due to the fact that I have not landed a post grad job yet. I like to start things pretty early, if that wasn't already apparent. At this point I'm open to anything in the area to take a look at in March when I come to visit as long as it's within my budget and is a apt/condo/townhome.
Flag Thu Dec 13, 2012
There are many, great neighborhoods and communities all across the Houston area. And a never ending list of things to do. This time of year (December) you will find the performing arts in downtown Houston performing the Nutcracker and the Night before Christmas, Ice skating at discovery green, Zoo Lights and so much more. And watch out...the Houston Rodeo will be starting up in February. You did not mention if the fun is for children or adults?

We would likely need more information to assist you. We can find housing (for sale or lease) almost anywhere in Houston, but where is your employment? What price range can you work in? What type of property will you want to be shown? Normal, IL appears to be a smaller town compared to Houston, maybe you would still want that small town feel but still close to Houston? We can show you that too. We can send you a relocation packet with great information on all the above topics and more. Let us know what we can do for you.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-435
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
All of these things sounds like fun! For me! Though society views me as an adult these are all things I would enjoy for myself, fun is fun in my eyes. I definitely know that there is more you need to know about my needs. I have yet to find a place of employment yet, but I am working on it, I have until May so I dont want to jump the gun just yet. I want to rent an apt/condo/townhome without paying more than about $800/month at the most. I just go to school in Normal, and am originally from Chicago so I am not around of being thrust into the heart of the city if need be. I would love to get my hands on a relocation packet. Sounds great. Please let me know what info. of mines you need to send that to me.
Flag Thu Dec 13, 2012
Realtors are not permitted to state whether any given area is "safe." Here's a link to crime statistics which should prove helpful ... http://www.houstontx.gov/police/cs/beatpages/beat_stats.htm

I can recommend a number of areas that meet your other criteria, but I'd need to know your budget and other requirements as outlined in my previous answer. The closer to the action, and the more convenient the commute, the more you'll spend. $1200 (and up) for an older, smaller unit is not uncommon in these locations. The rental market is very active, and the better properties lease quickly. I recently scheduled a showing for a place that was on the market less than one day ... and by the time I arrived, it had already been taken. As I previously noted, I'll need some information from you in order to narrow our search. Landlords can afford to be selective, so I'll have to be armed with as much "ammunition" as possible. Please get in touch. Thanks ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
We can probably work with that number, as long as you're willing to drive a bit. By all means, please stay in touch, and give me a heads-up when you'll be heading this way, so I can start looking in earnest. I look forward to working with you.
Flag Sun Dec 16, 2012
Hello again, thanks so much for for the crime statistics link, I will definitely be looking into that. My budget would be no more than about $800/month for rent. I realize that this may be a bit unrealistic being closer to "the action" on this budget but this is a budget I cannot stretch too much, as long as I wont be thrust into a completely "dead" area I have no problem with driving a little ways for some entertainment. I took a look at your personal website and fell in love with a few properties on there. I would love to also keep some of those in mind and talk to you about those as well.

Thanks in advance.
Flag Thu Dec 13, 2012