cekeene26, Home Buyer in Missoula, MT

Stressing over my house closing!

Asked by cekeene26, Missoula, MT Tue Jul 23, 2013

I am about to close on a house in the middle of September. The house was supposed to close middle of August, but got pushed back due to to weather and other things. We are getting married the beginning of September and the cost of the wedding is a factor. I have already prepaid $6500 when we went into contract for closing cost. My mortgage officer wants me to keep another 5k in the bank for when we close even though closing cost are about $7500 if that. I have bills for the wedding I need to pay and they also told me not to charge anything. Advice would be very helpful here. We have no family or anything to front us the money until after closing and we are paying for our entire wedding alone as well. I am afraid to charge anything or use the reserve cash so feeling the pressure. Thank you in advance for suggestions

Answers

1
Abida Mumtaz’s answer
Let your loan officer know that you are unable to put another 5K in the bank as you may need it for your wedding in September. I suggest that you shop around and switch lender if necessary

Abida Mumtaz
Mortgage Consultant
Evolve Bank & Trust
11605 Haynes Bridge Road, Suite 125
Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
678.907.5973 Cell
678.387.1434 Fax
NMLS# 269753
amumtaz@getevolved.com