Home Buying in Palatine>Question Details

capada816, Home Buyer in Palatine, IL

Street name on title does not match with physical street name

Asked by capada816, Palatine, IL Thu Jan 30, 2014

We are 3 weeks away from closing, and it just came to our notice (while finalizing the contracts) that the 'name of the street' on the title does not match exactly with the physical street address. The physical name of the street is 'W Sample Ct.', while on the title it is listed as just 'Sample Ct.' (without the W). There is no physical street by the name of 'Sample Ct.' that actually exists in that town. Strangely though the house record on the county assessor's website too is listed as just 'Sample Ct.' without the W. Should we be concerned? Is this likely to lead to problems down the road (particularly when trying to sell the house)?

Answers

4
Hello

I had a similar situation last month. It was resolved at the closing by attorney requesting county assessor's office to update their records with correct address. It delay the closing by 2 days, so I would advise getting your attorney to fix the issue prior to closing. Good luck.

Syuzanna Zakharchuk
Carrington Real Estate
157 N Evergreen Ave,
Arlington Heights IL 60004
224-210-0002
Are you using an attorney to represent you at closing? If so, that is who you should be talking to right now. I always thought this would be a problem and would not want to leave the closing table until all is correct, but I have seen attorneys with different opinions. Call today and get it solved. That's why you pay for an attorney-----Legal advice! Mary Zentz RE/MAX Suburban
Not a problem.

BuyInPalatine.com
Hello Capada,

Have the address corrected on ALL the documents!

This should be done prior to closing and recording.

Congrats on your new home!!!

Kawain Payne, Realtor