Home Buying in Huntsville>Question Details

robox22, Home Buyer in 35757

Stoneridge builder building in stonegate vs. jeff benton building in cross creek. Which is the better option?

Asked by robox22, 35757 Thu Sep 20, 2012

Answers

5
HomeBuyer’s answer
As a fellow buyer, I have seen both.

I am more impressed with Stonegate - in terms of craftsmanship and details.

However, the location is a toss-up.
Also - I am also biased against the masters being in the first floor. I want the guest suite to be on the first floor - while the masters and all other rooms be on the second floor. This is a deal breaker for my wife and I.

So ultimately, it boils down to location and your family's unique needs.
Lets take a trip out to both and we can see for ourselves. I love both builders. They both display the ability to hold their value and have great marketability and both offer the 2/10 warranties. Their building design work is unique to each. If you have some free time this weekend I will be happy to make an appointment to go out with you and help you decide for yourself who you think is the one that meets your personal needs.

Call me 256-348-5346

Julie Laten
This is a tricky question. It is all about you and your family. I suggest making a list of pros and cons for both locations and both builders and then rank them in the order of importance to you and your family.

Example: If one location is closer to your child's school or you and your wife's job; ask how important are those commutes for you, then rank it on a scale of 1 through 5.

Be sure to be 100% honest with yourself :)

Additionally, be sure that you are working with a Realtor. Although agents who work in the model home for the builders are really good and what they do, at the end of the day they are employed by the builder. You need someone looking out for your best interest.
This will be a personal choice decision. Both builders are good values and both neighborhoods are nice, amenities similar. Pick the one that feels like home to you, I don't think you can make a bad choice between the two.

If you need a Realtor to help you with the process, give me a call.
I would say that it depends on what your needs are. I have worked in new construction for years, and our new home group actually specializes in helping buyers determine which builder is right for their needs. You can contact us for a free consultation, or give us a call if you have other questions.

John