Home Buying in Charlotte>Question Details

coolme, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

Stone Creek Ranch or Ardrey Village

Asked by coolme, Charlotte, NC Mon Jun 18, 2012

Would like to know which one is the good location. I m looking for townhouses in sedona at Stone Creek Ranch (pulte) and Ardrey Villages (pulte). The ardrey village is just opposite to Elon Elementary school and are brick priced at arnd 210000, The sedona are priced at arnd 190000 for 1834 SQft . The Ardrey are 1700. Which one you think is the good location for resale point of view.

Answers

10
Good morning, Coolme:
South Charlotte townhome buyers are looking for value, amenities and location. For townhome buyers, schools often play a smaller part in the homebuying decision. Townhomes that are within easy walking distance of restaurants, shopping, grocery stores and recreation are more appealing than those in more out of the way locations. Personally, I think Ardrey Village is a stronger and more appealing location, but I am not convinced that it supports a10% premium over Stone Creek Ranch. We would have to check comparable sales to confirm. If we were looking for a townhome with good resale potential, it would be an existing home, most likely one that was foreclosed, short sale, government owned, bankruptcy, estate, relocation or other distressed property. If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. ... if you appreciate this answer, please give it a "thumbs up", or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a "best answer" click .
What are your thoughts about the McCarley from Ryan homes. The community has no Swimmming pool but the HOA is less because of that I think. Is that a good location if someone wants to resale it in 4-5 years. Does the no swimming pool is a negative factor when reselling ?
Ardrey Village is my favorite of the two.
Roger, don't you think properties in larger developments like Stone Creek Ranch are harder to resale vs. communities that are smaller, like Ardrey Village?
Stone Creek Ranch is closer to Stonecrest shopping and theaters there. Both are good, but i think that Stone Creek Ranch is a somewhat better location, and location is the prominent in determining value.
You may want to call me if you do not yet have an agent representing you. My four decades of experience would be a valuable asset in your quest to find the best home for your needs.

Roger Berrey
Wilkinson & Associates ERA
704-904-0148
http://www.OwnTheseHomes.com
"Because Experience Matters"
erberrey@gmail.com
Hi, we personally like the 'Ardrey' neighborhood. Ardrey High School is a great selling point. Usually in the end buyers need to be in a good school district.
Call us 704 968 5805 we would love to show you around the homes for sale - Jackie & Phyllis
isn't Sedona at Stone Creek also in Ardrey High School Zone?
Flag Tue Jun 19, 2012
Both neighborhoods are excellent in location, fantastic schools, both have ammenities, etc. It comes down to which floorplan & neighborhood you feel the most comfortable in & could call home, also keeping in mind the monthly HOA dues. If you're not currently working with an agent, I'd love to take you to both neighborhoods, show you what's available & help you every step of the way as you make one of the most important decisions you'll ever make!
Feel free to call or email me with any questions!
From a resale point of view, I would select Ardrey Village. Call or email me and I will tell you why.
704-502-7744
Holly@TeamHolly-would.com
Based on the locations you chose there is not much difference between the two. both are very good locations. It is tough to predict down the road what the future holds for market values. One thing to consider is the location to the elementary school. I have had some buyers say they do not like the close proximity to schools and others like the closeness to schools.

If you feel the stone creek ranch community is a children friendly neighborhood and one families would move into with children the proximity to the school could be a bonus.

The stone creek ranch community does have easier access to major highways and other amenites making it somewhat more attractive to some buyers. Then again, ardrey woods is a little farther out and some peopel liek the little extra quiet and less traffic.....

A lot depends on what you prefer. One thing for certain is make sure you hire a Buyer's agent. The builder representative represents the builder and not you. By hiring a buyer's agent you are guaranteed your own personal representation and soemoen looking out for your best interest. The best part is that there is no cost to you for the service since the seller (in thsi case the builder) pays the fee for your representation.

if you woudl like some help in picking the right communiity and working through the building process please give em a call at 704-519-7895 or e-mail me at ddicecco@cbunited.com

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
http://www.davedicecco.com
Do you currently have a buyer's agent? If not, call or e-mail me directly and I'll be sure to help you out - doesn't cost you anything extra in a transaction to use me.

Both locations are probably about the same. A bit further south in the county, however; Stone Creek Ranch will probably have higher future value due to it's proximity to I-485, which will make it easy for people to get uptown or to lake norman (especially once the corridor is finished on the northeast side.)

Contact me!

John Siddons
John.Siddons@prucarolinas.com
704-458-1843