Home Buying in Denver>Question Details

steve fisher, Home Buyer in Denver, CO

Spacious lots in Denver & surrounding suburbs?

Asked by steve fisher, Denver, CO Wed May 16, 2012

I'm looking for neighborhoods with spacious lots in some key areas in Denver & closer suburbs. I just don't want to be in a cookie cutter neighborhood at all. I currently have a place in Wash Park, and LOVE it. But it's pretty small and need to upgrade sq footage. Looking for something 2,250 , quiet, safe, etc... My range is 300k-500k. Any good ideas?

Answers

16
Steve,

You have some good options. I do a lot of work in Park Hill - 80207 and Mayfair - 80220. There are good homes in your price range with larger lots than the typical Wash Park homes. There are other options as well that you might consider. You can search on several sites for Denver homes through this link - http://therobertmcguire.com/park-hill-homes-for-sale/. Let me know how I can help you further. If you need to sell your Wash Park home let me know. The last one there I listed in April went under contract in 5 days and is closing next week at 1040 S. Clarkson.

Robert McGuire ASR
Realtor/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
1776 S. Jackson St. #412
Denver CO 80210
Direct – 303-669-1246
http://www.theRobertMcGuire.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 16, 2012
Hello, Steve,
You don't mention lot size, and most all suggestions here are talking maybe a quarter or third of an acre. I can put you in Littleton, 5 miutes to light rail, on an acre, and in your price range. Let me know if interested. Thanks!

Tim Klein
Broker
Metro Brokers - The Realty Werks
303.973.7600
Hi Steve- I see you have several extremely compiitant Realtors who have answered some of your questions. Thought I would add my name and contact to your list. I have been selling real estate in Denver for over 30 years and have extensive knowledge of the Denver metro area. I have worked with hundreds of people transferring both in and out of Denver. I am a pretty laid back type of guy, no pressure here. Feel free to contact me anytime with any questions.
Respectfully,
Mark Nelson
Distinctive Properties
49 W 11th Ave
Denver CO 80204
720.252.5299
HI Steve,

I know of some great homes for sale with large lots in your price range.

Click the following link asI created a search for you for available properties,

http://www.denvercoloradorealestatenow.com/site/search_v2/?#…

Let me know if any of these look good or if you are looking for something completely different. Call me an I will be glad to get you a great deal on one of these homes 303-856-8980.

Ethan Besser

Ethan Besser, CDPE, CNE, IMSD
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Broker Associate
Keller Williams - DTC
Cell: 303.856.8980
Fax: 303.539.4809
besser@kw.com

http://www.DenverRealEstateNow.net
http://www.RealEstateColoradoNow.com

The Besser Choice in Real Estate!
Hi Steve,

I am an agent with REMAX Cherry Creek which is the office where Laurie Erb, Shelly Bridge are. I am an broker/co-owner and we have lots of listings that come up and things that will be "coming soon." I would love to meet with you and find out what you are looking for exactly. I can help with ideas; I think outside the box and have helped my clients with clever solutions. I also have a Platinum status with Quality Service Control which means 100% satisfaction rating with my buyers and sellers.

Call me and let's set up a time to meet.

Jen 303-229-6096 (24/7)
Hi Steve,

It is very easy to find large lots in search criteria on MLS. If you would like, I will be happy to send you all the current listings, that fit your criteria, and any future ones as soon as they come on the market. Please contact me at your convenience.

Marina Bay
Cherry Creek Properties
cell:303-880-6167
baymarina@msn.com
Hi Steve,

Right now there are a couple of choices on the market in Southmoor and Montclair. Often there are good candidates in Wellshire, University Park and many other areas. It just takes focused shopping and networking. The suburban possibilities are endless. Last summer I found an surprising half acre home about five minutes south of Wash Park.

My office is in Wash Park on old South Gaylord St. drop by and we'll talk.
Thanks for your response Kasha, being close to the mountains is important to me. Right now as far as Denver neighborhoods go, I'd like to stay south central, west and northwest.
Flag Wed May 16, 2012
Hi Steve There are several areas and neighborhoods that fit the bill and I totally understand your desire to stay away from the cookie cutter hodge podge that are governed by the "trash Nazis" I would be happy to forward along some ideas via the phone or email. Feel free to contact anytime. I have been in the industry for 35 years and know the areas surrounding Denver pretty well. Happy trails Tripp

Tripp Young
Re/Max Pros
303-941-5099
trippyoungremax@msn.com
Check out Mayfair Park, Crestmoor or Hilltop. You can find a home in that range on large lots. I live in the area and can answer any questions you might have, we moved over this way from your area about 6 years ago.

Debbie Taylor, CRS, Realtor
303-589-6692
debtaylor99@comcast.net
You can do a search right on Trulia and indicate lot size as well as area, price, beds, baths, etc. The only problem is that you may find some homes that are no longer active listings. So, I would recommend that you do your search with their site then go to http://mikep.homesincolorado.com and enter the address to confirm the active status. My site is updated several times a day so you know that you'll get the right information. My site doesn't give you a square footage lot size option. It askes for acres. The problem with that is that most agents don't put in partial acre information unless it's over 1 acre. The square footage information is more commonly entered into the MLS.
When I look for bigger lots I look for era of construction. During some time periods lots were laid out much more spaciously than in others. Probably because ground was not at a premium during those time periods. I would be happy to discuss some likely options with you if you call me. BTW I grew up in Washington Park, and my office is on Old South Gaylord Street.
my place now is on S. Vine right next to your office. I would like to stay in WP, but don't think there are enough modest homes within my budget there. I do love being able to walk to S Gaylord or across the park to wash perk and pearl too. Any ideas for outside of Denver proper? I would like to be close to the mountains though, or open space. I have a dog who needs to go on hikes.
Flag Wed May 16, 2012
You should be able to find a lot in the Observatory Park neighborhood in your price range. Lots there are typically in the 7500 sq ft range, and a scrape should fall in your price range. I would be glad to work with you to help you find something to suit your needs.
Keith Kennedy
Broker Associate
Cherry Creek Properties LLC
303-242-6163
If you want to stay in Denver, there seems to be a couple of knowledgeable agents who answered below - larger lots will be hard to find. If you'd consider Arvada, I would think right off of Rainbow Ridge. Homes are all custom, built in the 1980s. Many have very large lots, and views. Also, community activities, pool and tennis courts. It's a small community, near I-70 and Ward Road.

I could mention a few more neighborhoods, but I don't know if you're interested in the northwest suburbs.
Don't forget about Golden! If you haven't spent time looking at homes along the front range, you're in for a nice surprise! The views are so much more awesome than what you get from Denver. I have past clients who bought in Golden, and they're always posting pictures on Facebook of the wildlife they see on the trail they hike just walking out their front door. I usually don't peg Denver-dwellers as the type that wants to get a little more 'wild', but if that's what you're thinking, you're in for a great time house hunting! (I try to avoid putting people in a box, and making assumptions about what they'll like, but I thought your statement about how much you love Wash Park was indicative of the type of neighborhood you're looking for.)
Flag Sun May 20, 2012
I'm definitely not opposed to the northwest suburbs. It's important that I'm close to the mountains, open spaces, trails etc... Thought about Boulder area too.
Flag Wed May 16, 2012
Have you looked at Krisana Park? http://krisanapark.org/

I like the comments below, but didn't see KP on the list. I just got some clients into a new home in Southmoor, and they rented their Krisana Park home to a family who had moved from Wash Park, who is loving the area for exactly the reasons you state above!

KP is centrally located, larger lots, architecturally distinctive, and can be in that price range, although not a lot is on the market now. I'd be happy to tell you more. I might be able to find a seller who isn't on the market yet.

Good luck with your search!

Amie
http://www.spruceteam.com
I hadn't heard of this neighborhood, but - wow! I love the mid-mod architecture. Gonna have to put a neighborhood stroll on my calendar!
Flag Sun May 20, 2012
There are a lot of homes for sale in some of the most hip and fun neighborhoods such as Highland, Sunnyside, Baker, Sumners, of course Wash Park and Central and LoHI.
You are welcome to search through my website as it's a direct link to Metrolist and won't show any homes that are under contract or sold.
There are three homes I know of off hand that you might like. If you shoot me an email I can reply to you with the details of each.
House hunting is so much fun! Call, text or email anytime.
Steve,
I worked mostly Central Denver and also live in Wash Park. I have a lot of clients who seek larger lots (larger than the typical 6,250 or 4,600 double & lot & half). There are a few bigger lots in the central Denver neighborhoods... they are rare... but can be found! The neighborhoods (like Wellshire & Univ Hills) south of Evans can host larger lots and still stay in Denver proper. Southmoor is another location, but you'll be pushing price point there.

Hopefully that helps. I understand your plight!

JON