Home Buying in Chicago>Question Details

bill, Real Estate Pro in Chicago, IL

South Suburban broker looking for help in Lincoln Park

Asked by bill, Chicago, IL Mon Feb 4, 2013

I'm a broker out of Orland Park and have a client looking in the Lincoln Park area. Since most listings are not on the MLS, is there another database (other than craigslist) for me to search listings that will provide a co-op commission? I would like to help my client as much as possible without them having to pay my fee. I have specifically noticed that high-rise buildings are not listed and the few that I have called stated that they will not provide a co-op commission.

Thanks!

Answers

11
David Hanna’s answer
Bill, most (but not all) listings in LP are in the MLS, If you are not seeing units, it is more a reflection of the tight market conditions than many units off MLS.
You can try Domu, which aims to serve single unit landlord/owners. You may also find some success with the larger brokerages that are primarily serving tenants.
If you are not looking for a coop commission, I would think you can find plenty of brokers willing to work with your client.
Large buildings which are rentals are not going to give you much help over the phone. Good luck, the best thing for your client is to work with someone local.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 4, 2013
Bill,

You can serve your client better by referring them to a local expert.

Ivan Sagel
312.515.7823
Ivan@atproperties.com
Is this a rental? Lot of the high rises have deals in place with brokers who have provided them with great service and will only work with them. Find one and refer this out. I am sure that an good agent will help you out for a small referral fee.
I am from the "OP" myself. I know work the downtown market. I would love to help you out Bill. Shoot me a message. Thanks!

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
mlaricy@americopre.com
708-250-2696
Feel free to call me Bill I'd be more than happy to assist you. 773-627-7608 Jorge Vega Newman Realty
I can refer you to a great agent in that area. Let me know if you need a pre approval for your client.

Sean Cochran
Quality Mortgage Lending
http://www.qmlending.com
630-330-2229 cell
630-470-6830 office
MLS, Craigslist, Domu, or Refer your client to a Local Realtor who will spend the time and due the groundwork for your client.
Hi Bill,

is your client looking for a rental or a property to purchase? Feel free to email me and I can give you more details on the buildings. If it is for rent, there are certain buildings that will co op with brokers.

Thanks!

Josh Weinberg
josh@weinbergchoirealty.com
Bill,

I've never heard of this before. I think you would be providing them with better service if you refer them to someone who's familiar with Lincoln Park.

Feel free to contact me at anytime.

Jose Hernandez
312-788-7079
Bill,

Are you looking for a rental for your client?
you live too far away to be messing with a rental.. the high rises pay commission to agents who have a agreement with them which takes extensive development