Home Buying in Gallatin>Question Details

Teddy Roberts, Home Buyer in B-H Commercial, Arli...

Sorry, In my question, I really meant what does the housing situation look like for the years 2016-2017 in Gallatin.

Asked by Teddy Roberts, B-H Commercial, Arlington, TN Fri Mar 14, 2014

This may be premature in terms of searching for home sites, but my wife and I are hoping to relocate to Gallatin in that time frame.

That's what I thought you meant! As Alan said, nobody has a crystal ball -- or time machine. :) It's impossible to predict what any market will be doing in 2-3 years. Right now, things seem to be picking up in most parts of the country. But who knows...what if we have another "bubble"? What if there's a world financial collapse? What if there's another 9/11 type of terrorist attack? I'd start looking at market conditions about 3-6 months prior to when you want to buy. And even then...there's really nothing you can do about it. If that's when you want to/have to buy then you get what you get, whether it's a seller's market or a buyers market. Just like with stocks, it's impossible to "time the market."
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 14, 2014
you're asking for people to conjecture what the market will be like in 2-3 years. ain't nobody got a crystal ball that good.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 14, 2014
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL