Home Buying in Benicia>Question Details

Househopeful, Home Buyer in Benicia, CA

Some of my loan/disclosures docs state the house I'm purchasing is -- Linda Vista Ave., some say Linda Vista St. Will this cause major problems?

Asked by Househopeful, Benicia, CA Tue May 10, 2011

The loan/disclosure/title documents state the address is --Linda Vista Street, Benicia according to the underwriter and the county assessor the address is listed as --Linda Vista Avenue, Benicia. There are no other Linda Vista roadways in Benicia. Will this street/avenue issue cause problems for me at closing?

Answers

4
My fellow Realtors have given you good advice. A small error can make a big difference when your dealing with a home purchase. Congratulations on making your "hope "a reality.
The Title to the property needs to be correct. Notify the title company and have the documents corrected. It is something they should catch and correct. We manage property on Linda Vista, We had one title company record the wrong property in that same area. The tenant called to let me know their home had gone for foreclosure...it had not. Title company error. If you catch an error now, it will save you time and a headache in the future. After months, we were able to help the owner with this title error.
Good luck and welcome to Benicia. Go to our website and check out our local links, there is local info plus other areas to explore in around us. We love our area and will be glad to help you find fun things to do.
Again, love where you live, Benicia
Better to resolve it now, rather than later. Agree that there is only one Linda Vista in our small town and it is shown as Linda Vista Street. Get the Lender to resolve this now. Seems to me that they would want to insure their "security Interest" was correctly identified. However, please note, the legal description (as shown on the Priliminary Title Report) should be adequate for that and ten does not include a Street (or Avenue) in the description. Suggest an attorney be used to resolve if the lender cannot provide a reolsution. Wonder what the Priliminary Title Report says? As the Title Insurance is intended to provide assurance the property is correctly identified; the Title Company may have somethign to add to this, suggest you talk with the escrow officer.
Don't sign anything until it is correct on all documents. That mistake is inexcuseable. I had a problem between ave and road and had to spend time to correct it after the sale.

David Cooper..Las vegas Foreclosure Investor in Bank Owned REOs with Cash Flow. email or call for FREE daily list. +1-7024997037 not a real estate agent