Kay, Home Buyer in Port Charlotte, FL

Sold our home in ca. moving to north port/charlotte area.

Asked by Kay, Port Charlotte, FL Thu Aug 20, 2009

Buyers are asking sellers to pay their closing costs and offering lower than listing price. Is this happening in your area also? I was told houses were in bidding wars there.

Answers

9
Thanks for all the timely answers...
Keep in mind each home stands alone, based on bidding wars, closing costs and etc.

Seller concessions require lender approval.

Congrat's on selling your home ! Contact a local agent via Trulia who can obtain your specifications forward your listings prior to arrival .

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lynn911
Lynn911
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
Hi Kay,

Congratulations on deciding on purchasing in the North Port/ Charlotte area. There are still many opportunities in the area for buyers looking for great value in a home purchase.

We would like to offer word of caution......eventhough there may be episodes of bidding and buyers requesting sellers to contribute, these activities are not dominant features of our market. Bidding is restricted to some "foreclosure" opportunities as is requesting the seller to pay an amount toward closing fees.

Aside from some "foreclosure" experiences, many sellers expect offers that challenge their asking price.

We would be happy to provide you with additional information about this opportune market. Feel fre to contact us at any time.

Susan & Bill

Michael Saunders & Company
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
941-408-5363
Every situation varies depending on the location of the home, how long has it been on the market, and is it a bank owned property, or a short sale. Many times the buyers do ask the sellers to pay all are part of the closing costs, again this can vary per the sellers situation if they would or could consider this. There have been more than one offer being submitted on many of the homes in the North Port and Port Charlotte areas and most likely this alot of times has to do with price and location, or if it's an investor, or buyers that really want a chance at getting a particular home. There are still homes on the market that are not distress sale situations, but are competively priced against the short sale competition - these are nice because you don't have to wait to find out if you offer will be accepted against other offers.
Best of luck in your home search, and let me know if I can assist you in anyway.
Kay,

Every seller has a different motivation. If a property is placed on the market at a very low price, there can be multiple offers. That is often the situation with a foreclosure where a bank wants to dump a property. Most foreclosures need varying amounts of work. Private sales can be a better buy because you are dealing directly with the seller and the homes are usually in better shape. I would not rule one in or out.

As licensed real estate professionals, we do our best to get our customer (the buyer) the best deal. We will help you analyze the property that interests you and help you determine the lowest realistic offer you can make. We will also try to get the seller to pay as much of the closing costs as possible. That is all part of the negotiating process.

If you are interested in Northport and Port Charlotte, look at this website: http://www.searchsuncoast.com/mapsearch.html

Here you can narrow your search geographically and see pictures of the neighborhood that interests you. You can save your searches and create your own automatic notifications.

Call if you have any questions.

Jim

James Mulligan
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Suncoasteam Realty
941-235-7474
jim@suncoasteam.com
Web Reference: http://www.suncoasteam.com
Hello Kay,

I will be happy to email properties to you. Please call or email me.
My cell: (941) 286-5411
Email: karenwilliamson@michaelsaunders.com

You may preview our properties by visiting: michaelsaunders.com

I look forward to working with you.
Karen
Karen Williamson
Michael Saunders & Company
Office: (941) 473-7750
Hi Kay, We have several listings in the North Port and Port Charlotte areas. Please give me a call, I will be glad to help. Bob napoleon50@earthlink.net
Some buyers are asking sellers to pay closing costs and pre-paid items. However, each buyer's situation is different...as is each listing. We are getting multiple offers in a very short period of time on a lot of listings. That scenario is, once again, based on the circumstances of the seller, the price and more criteria. I would be glad to talk with you, in depth, about our market and what you can expect here. I also, would be happy to do a search for you of properties which match your criteria.

Please give me a call.

Shellee Guinta
CENTURY 21 Almar & Associates
Toll Free (800)231-0323
Direct (941)426-4534
shelleegee@verizon.net
http://www.ISellHomesInParadise.com
Hi Kay,

I'd be happy to speak to you for it is too lengthy for email. Please send contact information and I will give you a call.
Carla@CarlaRayman.com