Carl, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

So how rowdy is Seaside Heights in the summer?

Asked by Carl, Philadelphia, PA Wed Feb 23, 2011

So I now know Seaside is known as a party town, but I do like to party a little bit myself. I'd love for the opportunity to walk to the bar, drink a few and walk back without worrying about driving. But on the other side of the coin, I don't want drunks peeing in my yard at 2am either. So to what extent is this town rowdy?
A home I would possibly buy would be used for vacation purposes; my wife and I are in our 30's and have a 3 year old daughter.
Is this the place for us or should we spend the extra money for Ocean City (which is stretching a little bit for our budget)?
Thanks for the tips!!!

Answers

6
I have a small unit for sale. 2 bedroom. Seaside could be great for families, or not so great. But I don't agree that Franklin Ave is a very good spot.
My area, in the Extreme North End is quieter and nicer than all of Seaside, and, is a great place for families.
If you and your wife like to go out, you can walk to almost anywhere, including couple nice clubs on boardwalk, where they are having some pretty good bands too!
Many places are selling quite lower than you would expect, and I generally check all the sites daily.
So I see the price differences. It would be the best time to buy.
Hope you find what you are looking for, and it's true that Seaside Park is nicer, but it's much more expensive, and you have to go a few blocks into the Park to see the difference, and that far in, you probably couldn't afford.
Let me know if you'd like to see my place. Be glad to show you.
Dee
Hello Carl , Living at the Jersey Shore all of my married life & being a Realtor & mom of 2 teenagers & 2 lil ones we have been to Seaside with the kids and have enjoyed our visits! The party scene is also there mainly at nite- that's when you hire a baby sitter or grandma & you and your wife go out for drinks! But albeit seaside is a wonderful shore community, there are plenty of close by areas for you to consider, Lavallette, Point Pleasant & Brick are all seashore communities & depending on what you want to spend you can live on the water or near the water & boardwalk ammenities & just drive 5 minutes to the boardwalks of Pt Pleasant or 15 /20 min to Seaside. Let me know - I would be happy to send you some listings based on your search criteria.

Helen Cocuzza Realtor Associate ~ Professional Staging ~ Relocation Services
Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate Mary Holder Office
(732)232-1614 Direct Hcocuzza@maryholder.com Email
Web Reference: http://www.Helencocuzza.com
I wouldn't do seaside heights with 3 girls or guys, I had 4 daughters. However seaside park, next door and or most other places will work. Going to ocean city is maybe the best on the shore. But you won't walk to get a brew, unless it is birch beer.
As a teen I hung at seaside heights I loved the place. As a responsible adult I am more selective.
This is the time to comsider the shore great prices and selection.
Good house hunting. If you have a smart phone Text MJW to 87778 that will give you the listings and solds in the area and facts you need. No smart phone?
go to http://www.RealEstateInOceanCounty.info for the same info.
carl, thanks for the opportunity to introduce the town of seaside, your judgement is correct, however there are areas in town that are not subject to the same late night rowdyness. My suggestion is to plan a over night trip and allow me to show you around, get a feel for the place. I will be completely honest with any questions you have. I know this town very well because its where I grew up, Drop me a line and I will forward you listings I think would be best suited for a young family and still keep you close to the action.
Bruce
bwaller@crossroadsrealtynj.com
Hi Carl,
as a lifelong resident of this area. I can safely say that some parts of Seaside Heights do have the 2:00 bathroom breaks .
However there are areas that are fine are quiet neighborhoods. The key is to find a agent who knows the area. Take a look at 228 Franklin ave. that home is in a nice quiet area. You can use the web link below. Let me know what you think.
Robert Suarez
cell- 609-384-4553
Web Reference: http://Flanaganrealty.com
Carl,

From a personal viewpoint and not a professional one, I know when my friends and I were younger, the 3:00 a.m. atmosphere that you described above is exactly what I was remembering...lol! Don't you watch the Jersey Shore? LOL!!

Honestly, I'm not sure of what the correct answer or opinion is here. I, personally, being a mother of three kids, wouldn't probably buy in Seaside but would consider maybe Ortley, Lavalette or Ocean City which you mentioned above. Ocean Grove is also a nice town too.

Good luck and try reaching out to Laura Giannotta, she's here on Trulia and also an agent in South Jersey. Here's her ActiveRain profile: http://activerain.com/laurag

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Lattimer Realty
973-715-1158 cell
937-575-6353 ext 17 office
Gina@GinaChiricoRealEstate.com