Home Buying in Omaha>Question Details

alez, Other/Just Looking in Omaha, NE

So I have talked to many people and everyone has the same comment to make about celebrity homes "stay away there cheaply made"

Asked by alez, Omaha, NE Thu Dec 6, 2012

I was wondering if anyone can give any insight to this? I would think they would have to pass code just like any other home, but everyone says that the homes are easily damaged and run down within a few years.

Answers

6
Kelly Gitt’s answer
Hi Alez,
All new construction homes have to meet current code & the most up to date building standard. I have worked in new construction & existing real estate for almost 10 yrs. My first home was a Celebrity & I think it's a great option to consider going new! Not only do you have a builder warranty but it is completely turn key with little to no maintenance costs for years. A new roof, new siding, furnace & AC are great & can minimize nickel & dime repair costs that you might find in an existing home.

Also, if you use Celebrity's preferred lender they will assist you with your closing costs so in many cases at you are paying for at closing is your down payment.

The best approach is to get prequalified & find an agent you like & trust that will help you look at both new construction like Celebrity & existing so you can compare for yourself & make the best decision! I'm happy to help if you have any further questions!
Kelly Gitt
Broker/Owner
Gitt Real Estate
kelly@gittrealestate.com
402.206.5156
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 8, 2012
I have represented Celebrity Homes for over 15 years and totally believe in our homes quality and value. 1 in 5 homes in the metro area were built by us so we must be doing something right in the eyes of consumers. I would love to have you take a look sometime. I am confident you will be impressed. We include all GE appliances, gas fireplace with quartz front, blinds. Garage door opener, curb grind. Full sod and a tree in the front yard. Lots of options as well like quartz countertops and sprinkler systems. Visit http://www.monicalang.com I have helped over 800 local families purchase their new Celebrity Homes.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
I represent Celebrity Homes and have lived in one for over 7 years. Celebrity homes are not poorly made and meet and exceed codes on all their building processes. At one time, there were no choices in options. That is no longer the case after 35+ years of new home construction. Please contact me to visit my model location so that I have the opportunity to debunk these myths. http://Www.michaeljmcglynn.com
By the way there are a lot of "bad" builders out there and when you go to re sell your home there is a lot to consider such as; did you maintain your home? Keep it updated? How is the market? All homes are affected by the housing market not just celebrity homes.
There is definitely a quality difference between Celebrity and a semi custom builder but you definitely get what you pay for. I personally wouldn't recommend a Celebrity home as they typically don't retain there value well. I can show you a list a mile long of Celebrity homes selling for much less than the original purchase price a few years later. It's hard to compete against the builder.
My mom bought a celebrity home 13 years ago. No issues except some regular maintenance. I sell Celebrity homes because they are affordable, pay your closing costs, they are brand new, include all your appliances. I think it's a great deal and refer my clients to them all the time. If you are interested in seeing them contact me at 402-359-0284. Or smartin@npdodge.com.