Misty Lesley, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

Single mom needs help getting into first home!

Asked by Misty Lesley, Austin, TX Mon May 13, 2013

I am a single mom of 2. I have been paying rent for the entirety of my adult life, never late, no broken leases or evictions. I want to buy a house but I keep getting turned away. My credit isn't ideal and I am low income, but my bills are always paid. How can I get into my own home? Are there any programs or advice? Any builders or rent to own owners?

Answers

6
oh, and I have a lender that is, well was a single mom - AND I have a book for you written by a friend of mine called The Successful Single Mom - it's so great, I have a ton of copies in my car
Hey Misty - it's so great to ask on here, some good responses and there is hope as you can see - I'm a single mom too, and I love helping other single mom's - it's fun to relate and have someone on your side that gets the challenges and joys.

give me a call if you want - 512-965-6339 - or email me Nanette@thegillagency.com

have a great day
Nanette
Yours is a common situation, but there are programs available for people just like you that are designed to help you get into a new house.

I'd stay away from rent to own, as they aren't always the best option - FTI.

There are some great developments in town that offer assistance to you, and I'd like to tell you all all about them, but there just isn't enough space on this website.

Call me and let's chat

Eric
512-712-5842
Misty, the main thing besides debt and income that the lenders will look at, is your credit score. That will determine more than anything if you qualify. If you know it and would like to give me a call, I would be happy to talk to you and see if there's anyway I can help. I have a great team of lenders that work with me and if anyone can get you approved, they can. They each have their own specialties and different programs for first-time homebuyers like you. I am typically available from 10 AM to 7 PM if you would like to get in touch.

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Ranked #1 by Buyers and Sellers (JD Power & Assoc. 2012)
Call 512-261-4415
Misty,

Keep the faith, it's within your reach even if there's a little more work to be done. The first thing to do is find out what your credit score is. That's going to be the entry point to all of the loan programs that will get you into a new home, whether USDA or FHA. The first thing you should do is talk to a loan officer to run your credit and figure out exactly where you stand. The Loan Officer will give you a prequalification or let you know generally what you need to do to prequalify. You should sign up with creditkarma.com which will let you monitor your score and give you a guide on how to improve your score if that's deficient.

You'll see this over and over again, but if you want to make this as easy and streamlined as possible, just talk to any Realtor, we'll remove as many hurdles for you as possible. It's not a problem to get you setup on the financing side and help finding you the perfect home. If you are ready to get started, just shoot me an email, I'd be happy help get you where you want to go.
Hello Misty,

I'd love to talk more about your situation and see how we can help get you into a home. I know the frustration of throwing away money on rent year after year. There are different programs that can help stretch your dollar a bit more such as an MCC program and also down payment assistance programs that you may qualify for.

Worst case scenario I can help you with rent to own or owner financed homes until which can be restructured after your credit is ideal for traditional financed.

Give me a call tomorrow (512) 947-2250 or email me at rlopez@kw.com!

Roman Lopez